Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

When are the owners, Hendrick, Roush, Penske,Childress and all the others finally going to take a stand against NASCAR and tell them we are tired of your constant rule changes that cost us millions of dollars in research and develpoment costs only to be "adjusted" at the last minute because NASCAR needs a change.

With all the money these teams and their sponsors have invested it is time for those who spend the money to set the rules.

When NASCAR instituted the restrictor plates to slow the cars down it also started the evolution of the 'Big one" packs of car running close together and of course big crashes were a result. And who has to pay to fix all those wrecked cars? The owners and sponsors not NASCAR pays the millions every year to replace cars because NASCAR and their legion of new fans like to see pack racing.

This is not 1975 when each team had a half dozen cars for each driver, now they have multiple cars for almost every track and yet when NASCAR says we have to make a change the owners, not NASCAR has to foot the bill.

It is time for the owners to form a team owners group and for them to make a set of rules that all the teams can live with for an entire season.

What is NASCAR gonna do if the owners give them an ultimatum? Tell them they will run the races using ARCA drivers? Yea that will work.

Time for the owners to man up and and tell NASCAR how it's gonna be.

Isn't it Amazing how the France family has become billionaires running NASCAR. I wonder how many owners have done the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,727,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
With all the money these teams and their sponsors have invested it is time for those who spend the money to set the rules.
That will never happen. As much as I hate Na$car and when I say Na$car I'm talking about the France family, not the racin itself. I will give them credit on one thing and that is safety. They are always striving to make it a safer sport and they do spend millions of dollars themselves on that very thing.

Na$car is BIG business and whoever thinks otherwise is out of touch with reality. They have buildings filled with lawyers to protect themselves. Whenever owners, drivers, etc try to stand up against them they'll get squashed like a bug. It's happened numerous times in the past and will continue to do so each time someone tries it.

Quote:
their legion of new fans like to see pack racing.
I have been a fan for over 40 years and I for one love the big pack racin! That's why I have been going to Talladega for years and hope to for years to come. Next time you're driving down the interstate running about 80 mph with several feet between cars, think about Jeff Gordon and the other 42 drivers out there going over a 120 mph faster than that, four and five wide pushing each other. I will take that any day instead of that useless crap they have at Texas, Charlotte, California, Michigan, etc. I can sit on my back deck and watch the traffic on US1 and get the same single file, cars spread out with no racin all day long.

All that said, I can appreciate your concerns and where you're coming from. Unfortunely I never see things changing to that extent?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
They in fact are part of the changes because they want better racing and less of a demo derby sport. NASCAR has grown since that day.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,558 times
Some of my family came down for Nascar and we needed four tickets for Sunday's race but we couldn't buy one days race we were told we had to buy the 4 day package. The 4 day package?when 2 of the races are over?They would not sell us Sundays race? Does Nascar not want to fill the seats?They would rather have empty seats than sell us the tickets for Sunday!Well, good to know how they do business. Needless to say, my family will not be going to this Sundays race or any other, EVER!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Should have checked first I guess.I can see they want to sell a package and that would only be ounsihig others that did buy it to see sundays race.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:00 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFranklyn View Post
Some of my family came down for Nascar and we needed four tickets for Sunday's race but we couldn't buy one days race we were told we had to buy the 4 day package. The 4 day package?when 2 of the races are over?They would not sell us Sundays race? Does Nascar not want to fill the seats?They would rather have empty seats than sell us the tickets for Sunday!Well, good to know how they do business. Needless to say, my family will not be going to this Sundays race or any other, EVER!
If I knew where to copy, paste and send your post to NASCAR I would!
That is crazy and I have never heard of it before but am not suprised.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Yet NASCAR is wondering where it's fan base has gone.

Anybody watching today's race will probably notice that many fans will be disguised as empty seats.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:01 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,961 times
Quote:
They act as if there is not a bad economy. I only live an hour and 45 minute drive from DIS and I checked into 4 tics for the CWTS race Friday night. $240 for 4 of us. Then I checked on infield tent camping, (no electrical hookups) $770. And people think MLB is expensive.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,859 times
Just a little insight. The pack racing is a product of restrictor plates. Plates are for speed control and safety. Don't forget about the cars that have almost gone through the fence in the past years. Drivers, owners and crews would love nothing more than to go faster. Every change nascar makes the teams will spend countless time and money to regain any losses the change made. The teams are their own biggest enemy when it comes to total cost and expense. For the past 10 years they have all been increasing their engineering staff and capabilities to make things lighter and faster while all the while driving up the cost of racing 10 fold. So don't be so quick to blame Nascar itself.

As far as ticket cost, tracks have been dropping prices for the past couple of years. They realize that fans are dropping off in droves. More to do with the economy than with the entertainment value. Point blank, people are having a tough time of it and racing is not a top priority. Sponsors are suffering from the same economic downturn so sponsorships are down 25-30% as well.

I will say, Nascar is a hardheaded organization, but they have made a huge business. Some times they make ya wonder, but they will do what needs to be done to insure the sport survives. And I will also say, since the Death of Dale senior, they strive to make sure the cars are the safest they can be. They do not want to have another loss like 10 years ago.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
When are the owners, Hendrick, Roush, Penske,Childress and all the others finally going to take a stand against NASCAR and tell them we are tired of your constant rule changes that cost us millions of dollars in research and develpoment costs only to be "adjusted" at the last minute because NASCAR needs a change.

When NASCAR instituted the restrictor plates to slow the cars down it also started the evolution of the 'Big one" packs of car running close together and of course big crashes were a result. And who has to pay to fix all those wrecked cars? The owners and sponsors not NASCAR pays the millions every year to replace cars because NASCAR and their legion of new fans like to see pack racing.

This is not 1975 when each team had a half dozen cars for each driver, now they have multiple cars for almost every track and yet when NASCAR says we have to make a change the owners, not NASCAR has to foot the bill.

It is time for the owners to form a team owners group and for them to make a set of rules that all the teams can live with for an entire season.

What is NASCAR gonna do if the owners give them an ultimatum? Tell them they will run the races using ARCA drivers? Yea that will work.

Time for the owners to man up and and tell NASCAR how it's gonna be.

Isn't it Amazing how the France family has become billionaires running NASCAR. I wonder how many owners have done the same?
Same song different verse with F1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing