Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Juan Pablo Montoya.
He gets a lot of air time, seems to have a decent ride, sponsors love him but he just has never delivered on the promise.. Of the regular CUP drivers that have some name recognition and are part of a multi-car team.. he's probably at the bottom. IMO
I do not think I would really call him the worst, although he certainly is nowhere near as good as he should be. Then again, he has even wrecked a jet dryer this year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Then again, he has even wrecked a jet dryer this year...
i dont fault him for that, something broke in the drive line and caused him to turn dead right. not his fault.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont fault him for that, something broke in the drive line and caused him to turn dead right. not his fault.
In retrospect, you have to admit it was pretty funny.

"Okay, we have the fluids cleaned up."
"Send in the jet dryers."
"Is Juan in the pits?"
"No, he's in already pitted and in line."
"Copy. It's safe guys, send them out."

Old 07-28-2012, 05:08 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Danica had a nice fail today. Got collected by Reed Sorensen after she dumped him.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
In retrospect, you have to admit it was pretty funny.

"Okay, we have the fluids cleaned up."
"Send in the jet dryers."
"Is Juan in the pits?"
"No, he's in already pitted and in line."
"Copy. It's safe guys, send them out."
true.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM

I wonder how that one panned out? Did Ganassi have to pay for the equipment or did track insurance cover it?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:12 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Danica Patrick
Oh knock it off. She's not even close to be the worst. You're picking on her because she's very popular. She get's a very hard time due in part because she's a women. There are drivers that are far worse than her and don't get the treatment she gets.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Another vote for Danica Patrick. Not cause she's a woman. She took out herself and Reed Sorenson yesterday just cause she didn't slow down for the turn? I've heard lots of hype but very little in the results. She consistently finishes worse than her starts. She actually only won one race in Indy cars. However, I'm not a big Nascar fan and just was watching yesterday when it happened so I'm by no means an authority. But she gets my vote cause it looked like she wrecked just cause she wasn't paying attention. Maybe she was checking her makeup.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Another vote for Danica Patrick. Not cause she's a woman. She took out herself and Reed Sorenson yesterday just cause she didn't slow down for the turn? I've heard lots of hype but very little in the results. She consistently finishes worse than her starts. She actually only won one race in Indy cars. However, I'm not a big Nascar fan and just was watching yesterday when it happened so I'm by no means an authority. But she gets my vote cause it looked like she wrecked just cause she wasn't paying attention. Maybe she was checking her makeup.
They wear full-face helmets, kind of hard to do.
BTW, nearly half the field finishes worse than it starts.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
so then every racer going for a higher position should go ahead and slow down? there are a number of reasons why danica got into reed, perhaps reed spun the tires slightly, perhaps danica got a better bite off the corner, perhaps reeds engine skipped a beat. she may finish on average worse than where she starts, but going into the indy race danica was 9th in the points standings which is pretty darned good in anyones book, especially for her first full year in the nationwide series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing