Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 AM

245 posts, read 298,478 times

Advertisements

I don't want to disappoint you but from the previous seasons Red Bull (Vettel) won all the Asian races after Italy. No way any team can do anything unless Vettel has a failure . I think its all over already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:39 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
I don't want to disappoint you but from the previous seasons Red Bull (Vettel) won all the Asian races after Italy. No way any team can do anything unless Vettel has a failure . I think its all over already
Yep. At least Singapore, Korea, India and Abu Dhabi are definitely "Red Bull tracks" ... if they couldn't match Red Bull in low aero Spa and Monza they have no chance in the rest...

Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Ehhh, I don't watch just to see who wins anyway. As long as there is racing in the pack (and it is covered by the TV feed) I am happy. I particularly root for Toro Rosso, Sauber, Force India and the always-phlegmatic Kimi (although probably not as much as he is going to Ferrari). This year I've been fond of Lewis Hamilton, too, I thought he was a bit whiny with McLaren but I like him as underdog.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
Yeh I know. Figured this season was pretty much over after Monza.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Ehhh, I don't watch just to see who wins anyway. As long as there is racing in the pack (and it is covered by the TV feed) I am happy. I particularly root for Toro Rosso, Sauber, Force India and the always-phlegmatic Kimi (although probably not as much as he is going to Ferrari). This year I've been fond of Lewis Hamilton, too, I thought he was a bit whiny with McLaren but I like him as underdog.
Agreed. Lewis seems like a different person with Mercedes.
Think I'll be rooting for Sauber for the rest of the season.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I agree, I have really enjoyed Force India this year despite the fact that they seem to have had a run of bad luck. At this point it does seem Vettel has run away with the championship but there is so much more to watch than just the front runners.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I agree, I have really enjoyed Force India this year despite the fact that they seem to have had a run of bad luck. At this point it does seem Vettel has run away with the championship but there is so much more to watch than just the front runners.
Agreed. I'll watch regardless.
I think something good could come of Force India's misfortunes though. Like Mclaren, they've likely given up on further development for this year. So a lot of what's been learned and much focus can shift to next year's car. As for the engines, well that's pretty much fair game since it's all new.
I think they may very well be a bigger threat next year. Along with Sauber. Probably even Toro Rosso.
I'm hoping Marussia and Caterham will be more competitive too.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 AM

36 posts, read 54,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
To be honest, Maldonado would have beaten Rubens in his rookie season if it wasn't for Hamilton punting him off at Monaco (stellar drive, running 6th when Lewis took him out). Pastor also had Rubens number in nearly all Saturdays that season.

Obviously there were better options than Bruno Senna for 2012, and why they didn't go with one of them is beyond me (or maybe the P&G Gillete Brazil $$$ package was THAT good), but I don't think Rubens was the best choice after his 2011 season.

As for Vettel, I couldn't agree more, I would love if it was closer.
Hi Collective
I respect your viewpoint; but I think Williams would have made a more successful run in 2012
if Rubens kept; the team was semi-totally renewed, from manager to engine; it only lacked the
experience which "Rubinho" was about to offer!
2012 could have seen 2 or 3 victories + 4 or 5 podiums If Rubens got in the cockpit!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM

36 posts, read 54,034 times
I really love to see Sauber or even Force India within podium finishers next races!

P.S. When will Caterham & Marussia score their first F1 points?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious 88 View Post
I really love to see Sauber or even Force India within podium finishers next races!

P.S. When will Caterham & Marussia score their first F1 points?
Who knows. Hopefully next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing