Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:41 PM

22 posts, read 61,105 times

Advertisements

I bought a car in August 2009 at a used car dealership.
It cost $ 9,999 but after the taxes and Apr I think it was $ 14,000
Well it was my first car ever and I really didn't know much about cars.
The second day I had it, driving to work, the transmission went out. I call the dealership and they said it was gonna cost $ 1400 but I only had to pay half. I know it was stupid of me to pay it but I did. Anyways Since I had the car the car has overheated, battery died a bunch of times and other stuff. I bump into a high school friend of mine I haven't seen for years and we became good friends again. It turns out he is a Certified Mechanic and works at a Nissan Dealership. He took one look at my cars engine and was blown away at what shape it was. There is oil in everything, in the inter cooler, blow off valve. It is a wiring nightmare, wires are everywhere. Every wire is taped. It has an oil cooling kit and usually its suppose to be where the engine is, but someone duck taped it under the car. Anyways long story short my transmission went out again. And I don't what to do. The car isn't running at the moment. I still owe like $ 10,000. I kind of want to get rid of it considering how many problems it has. Anyone have any suggestions
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 02:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
I'd get a lawyer and sue the dealership for selling an unsafe vehicle. Did the dealership disclose anything about having been in an accident or being a salvage title?

This sounds very odd, what type of car was it? New or used? Any dealer warranty taken out?

Need more information but I'd contact a good lawyer.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I'd get a lawyer and sue the dealership for selling an unsafe vehicle. Did the dealership disclose anything about having been in an accident or being a salvage title?

This sounds very odd, what type of car was it? New or used? Any dealer warranty taken out?

Need more information but I'd contact a good lawyer.
No they didn't tell me anything like that. In fact my friend told me it looks like its been in an accident. Its an Srt-4 neon

Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
wow sounds like a tuner car that had the doo-doo beat out of it then they sold it too you.
lots of people like to turn up the boost on the SRT-4 at the sacrifice of engine and drive train life which would explain most of you problems but man paying 14K for a used neon is nuts IMO even if it was the SRT-4 version.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM

yeah i know i'm an idiot

Old 06-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canti1232 View Post
yeah i know i'm an idiot
haha don't worry I bought a 1985 Iroc-Z that was trashed when I was young too we all make mistakes.

hmm like the others said get a lawyer and see if they can help. Also if you can't get out of the loan see if you can get the boost dialed down. it will save the next tranny they put in it. if it is the stick shift go with a Clutchmasters Stage 3/4 Clutch w/ Alum Flywheel 03-05 Neon SRT

Stage III Holds up to 380hp(will do for 95% of you hard drivers, and power adder guys)
Stage IV Holds up to 450hp(designed for drag use, cant be feathered, instant engagement)
Stage 4 is offered in a 4 or 6 puck design. The 4 puck design has a stronger, faster bite compared to the 6 puck. Therefore,if you drive your car on the street, or in any other conditions where you need to slip the clutch, we would recommend the 6 puck design.

FX300 (Stage III)
  • Heavy-duty street & racing system
  • Holding capacity 110% over stock
  • Heavy-Duty reinforced pressure plate
  • Hi-Leverageā„¢ pressure ring design
  • Sprung hub/cushioned disc
  • Steel backed Segmented Carbon/Kevlar
  • Comes with throw out bearing
FX400 (Stage IV)
  • Ultra heavy-duty street &racing system
  • Holding capacity 170% over stock
  • Heavy-Duty reinforced pressure plate
  • Hi-Leverageā„¢ pressure ring design
  • Sprung hub/4-button
  • Ceramic friction material
  • SFI Approved on most race applications
  • Comes with throw out bearing
Clutchmasters Stage 3/4 Clutch w/ Alum Flywheel 03-05 Neon SRT - 03-05 Dodge SRT4 Drivetrain Parts, Clutches, Axles, Short Throw Shifters, Booger (http://www.modernperformance.com/clutchmasters-stage-clutch-alum-flywheel-0305-neon-p-1596.html?osCsid=c436c37295cc549476c7a5a4c6170c6b - broken link)

that site also sells lots of SRT-4 parts and has it's own forum so you will get better awnsers and they might be able to help you find a mechanic that will do it for a low flat rate in your area...
SRTforums.com - Dodge SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 and Dodge Forum

Last edited by GTOlover; 06-30-2010 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 04:12 PM

Cool thanks guys for all the help

Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 PM

211 posts, read 641,128 times
Ouch. Sounds like you got burned and hard.

Skittles were barely $20k brand new. If you paid more than $10K, you should have picked up something near mint and low miles imo. Sounds like shady dealings to me.

There's a bit of hope, though. Take some pictures and get some details from your mechanic friend about exactly what's going on. Then register on SRT Forums and tell your story. You won't get much mercy for over-paying, but you might find some people who know the previous owner of the car and could tell you a little more about it.

If you could find other locals who know the car and its history, you might have a case for the dealership misrepresenting the car to you and be more likely to get one of the blood-thirsty, strong arm robbers known as attorneys to take on your case and get you out of this deal. If nothing else, you might get a better idea of just how f*cked up the car is and how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Good luck. If you can get out of this beat-*ss skittle, you should consider picking up an old DSM. $10k buys a lot of Eclipse GSX these days...

Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
if it is the stick shift go with a Clutchmasters Stage 3/4 Clutch w/ Alum Flywheel 03-05 Neon SRT
SRT-4's only came in stick shift.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
SRT-4's only came in stick shift.
don't the SRT-4 calibers come in CVT auto?
I was thinking of those I guess I assumed the same for the neons but your right and even more reason to step up to a Stage III clutch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive