Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times

Advertisements

Seeing more and more diesel pickup drivers with their loud exhaust pipes blowing black smoke, especially the ones with the big chrome stacks behind the cab. Is all that crap necessary?

And what's with all the dump truck drivers and their love affair with the exhaust brake? You'd think they're coming down the side of a mountain hauling 250,000 lbs but no, they're just coming up to a stop sign on a neighborhood street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuiD...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
I was doing 55mph on a 50 road, a lady in a mini cooper pulled out in front of me from dead stop, she waited until I was 20ft from her to do it, not only that she accelerated incredibly slow. I Slammed on brakes + downshifted into the heaviest possible gear without blowing my engine, tires made loud screeching noise, white smoke everywhere, I could see two long black streaks of expensive rubber on road, I did not honk, but looked into her rear view mirror only to see her flicking me off????? I mean come on...I probably saved her life that day, as anyone with slower reflexes would have plowed into her driver's side halfway through the turn..People are so rude.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,215,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Anyone mentioned littering?

Just watched a guy dump his ashtray while waiting at a light. Must have been at least 50 cigarette butts hit the road.
Is it any more absurd than those who flick them out the window while their driving? Same amount of cigarette butts just spread out over longer time. No one seems to care about cigarette flickers, even cops. Kinda messed up.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
We had an ice storm last week and the road home was not in the best of shape. Cars were moving although I made it a point to drive slow. I noticed two oncoming cars over in my lane and had to slow to let them pass. Then I saw why, a big 4 by 4 truck had skidded on the ice and had crashed its front bumper on the guard rail. It didn't look bad, probably just a small dent but the guy was getting out to inspect the damage. Unless he was actually stuck on top of it, he should have just kept going and inspected it when he stopped at wherever he was going. The non 4 by 4s were getting through without any trouble.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:20 AM

773 posts, read 2,630,421 times
Default What irritates you about other people's driving habits?

Use of fog lights because they look cool.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,637 times
You know when there's a left turn lane, but you can't get in it until you're up the road far enough because of the big median, so if traffic is backed up from the red light in the non-turn lane you can't get into the turn lane? Well I hate when people in the non-turn lane leave a huge gap in between theirs and the car in front of them. If they'd scoot up closer, they would open it up so that the cars behind them can get into the turn lane. I see people leave huge, 20 foot gaps while they're at a stand-still! And if the left turn light is green but I can't get it because someone apparently has no depth perception... arggh!!!!!! Close it in when you're at a red light, would ya?!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Anyone mentioned littering?

Just watched a guy dump his ashtray while waiting at a light. Must have been at least 50 cigarette butts hit the road.
Seriously... what's the point of using your ashtray if your just going to dump it out on the road? That's just dumb. Littering bugs me, too. The world is not your trash can.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM

366 posts, read 730,408 times
Like George Carlin once said, "idiots are the drivers going faster than you, and morons are the drivers going slower."

Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Basically those that can't abey the laws and rules of the road. They bascially cut in and out of traffic actually slowing it.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Default Not a driver, but a parker...

I was talking to a buddy on the cell so I pulled into a parking lot at a grocery store. I figured while I was there I'd go in and pick up a few things, so I parked a space away from the spot farthest from the store. It's a small lot but there were still at least 5-8 open spots closer to the store. I got out of my car and leaned against the driver's door while I chatted with my buddy, and enjoyed the sunny day.

Then a rumpled 90's Subaru pulls into the space between me and the curb, into the farthest spot from the store, nearly on top of the white line between his space and mine. I had to move from between our cars so he could get out of his. I tilted the phone away from my head and said "Really? You needed this exact spot?". He just kept walking towards the store.

Why do people do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive