Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,522,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I know for a fact she couldn't have heard it that far away... I have just stock radio and speakers... my volume was NOT that loud at all... I believe the only reason I was pulled over was because it was to generate money... there is no way possible that my radio was that loud and besides that, my windows were completely shut... it is a physical impossibility for it to be that loud... there is no way she can say she heard me 100 feet away and I am praying that she tells the truth because then the case would be over... I am thinking she doesn't know what the law "exactly" is and is just trying to create revenue...
Just try it. Back in the late 1980s I bought a pair of 6x9 speakers for about $100. My used car came with a Spark-o-magic 40watt power booster (actual name on the unit). My parents said they could hear me coming down the road. Like you, I didn't believe them. I did the test I described and was amazed how far the bass could be heard. I toned it down in residential areas after that. I now look for clarity in car speakers, something lacking in most base model factory speakers when compared to entry level aftermarket speakers like Sony, Pioneer, and Kenwood for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,849,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Just try it. Back in the late 1980s I bought a pair of 6x9 speakers for about $100. My used car came with a Spark-o-magic 40watt power booster (actual name on the unit). My parents said they could hear me coming down the road. Like you, I didn't believe them. I did the test I described and was amazed how far the bass could be heard. I toned it down in residential areas after that. I now look for clarity in car speakers, something lacking in most base model factory speakers when compared to entry level aftermarket speakers like Sony, Pioneer, and Kenwood for example.

I did try it and I couldn't hear it 20 feet away from me... there is no way she could of hear it 100 feet away from me... unless she has the acuity of owl ears...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:16 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,383,794 times
Quote:
Its not what you think... it wasn't for speeding... but rather for playing "loud music while driving"... I was driving to work and listening to Pink Floyd and got pulled over... I looked up the ordinance and it says that the sound has to be clearly heard at 100 feet from the car... Absolutely no way would it be heard at 100 feet, it wouldn't even be heard at 20 feet... I am going to fight it but I hear that it doesn't matter and most cases, the defendants lose anyways... not feeling good about it and definitely not happy about it... feels like they were just trying to make money since they couldn't catch any speeders today...
Congratulations

Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Quote:
Its not what you think... it wasn't for speeding... but rather for playing "loud music while driving"... I was driving to work and listening to Pink Floyd and got pulled over... I looked up the ordinance and it says that the sound has to be clearly heard at 100 feet from the car... Absolutely no way would it be heard at 100 feet, it wouldn't even be heard at 20 feet... I am going to fight it but I hear that it doesn't matter and most cases, the defendants lose anyways... not feeling good about it and definitely not happy about it... feels like they were just trying to make money since they couldn't catch any speeders today...
Do you have a sub woofer? If so you will lose the 100 foot issue most likely. It the sound not the music really.The ordinaance is 100 ft to aviod having to have police operate a decibel meter. In my town it only has to unreasonable menaing it goes beyond to other vehicles or to houses.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Maybe it was the alarm clocks all going of on the dark side of the moon
All in all ...it was just another Brick in the Wall........

Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Do you have a sub woofer? If so you will lose the 100 foot issue most likely. It the sound not the music really.The ordinaance is 100 ft to aviod having to have police operate a decibel meter. In my town it only has to unreasonable menaing it goes beyond to other vehicles or to houses.
Yeah, from what I read on the internet, most people lose when they go to trial... but eff it, I am innocent and like Pink Floyd says, don't give in without a fight... and fight it I will...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
All in all ...it was just another Brick in the Wall........
Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,648,815 times
We don't need no thought control.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 PM

38,876 posts, read 22,860,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I just wish they would start giving out tickets to the people using cell phones and texting.
You and me both!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,031,323 times
It has also been proved, people driving about with lack of sleep is equal to driving drunk.

Unfortunately, no device has been invented yet to catch these "criminals" on the roads. The day will come: Aha! You're driving around with only 3 hours of sleep. I'm going to take your car keys away, give you a ticket, and I'll call a cab to send you home to bed with a Tylenol PM or I'll drive you to the nearest motel, your choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive