Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I will say they're doing better, but still have a ways to go before most people will tire of the BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc., especially enthusiasts who still want cars with a manual option, which the latter companies still offer on some or even most of their vehicles. That said, the LFA is promising and the only car I would consider in the class of a typical Porsche (i.e. 991/911) and similar vehicles.
Is that why Lexus does so well in USA?

Lexus is a major player in every market except for EU..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times
Then again in Germany the taxis are E-class Mercedes-Benz

Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,027,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
The Acura TSX comparable to Lexus IS or Infiniti G 25/37. Acura TL comparable to Lexus ES and Acura RL comparable to Lexus GS or Infiniti M. You get a lot more for money with Acura over Lexus and Infiniti and Acuras are excellent and well built cars.
I thought the Lexus ES and GS were similarly sized, but this looks like one is comparable to the Acura TL and the other to the Acura RL. Does all this mean neither Acura nor Infiniti have anything comparable to the LS?

Any chance Infiniti re-introduce the Q?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Is that why Lexus does so well in USA?

Lexus is a major player in every market except for EU..
I have that suspicion. Europe still relies on manual--since in their market it is still more cost effective (considering gas and other auto expenses in EU in general). Perhaps maneuvering in a manual is also perceived as easier on some of the narrower and windier roads (i.e. having more control), that seem more abundant in EU as opposed to the US.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
I thought the Lexus ES and GS were similarly sized, but this looks like one is comparable to the Acura TL and the other to the Acura RL. Does all this mean neither Acura nor Infiniti have anything comparable to the LS?

Any chance Infiniti re-introduce the Q?
I believe Acura is working on a successor to the RL. It has to be a game changer as the current RL is/was such a dud.

Not sure about an Infiniti flagship; the biggest car they have now is the M which is nice (at 65k for the M56, optioned up) but it's no match for the Lexus LS. I'm not a big Lexus fan but the LS is pretty sweet.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
For what it's worth, Lexus isn't considered an enthusiast's car, either. In that respect, European cars are still king. One could argue Lexus models such as the ES and and the SC are rebadged and more expensive versions of the Camry and (Camry) Solara. One could argue similarities in their other offerings as well. No wonder the SC and Solara were discontinued.

In terms of luxury, you may put Lexus ahead of Acura (Honda), given it's perceived higher prestige; however apart from the luxury, I wouldn't consider Lexus (Toyota) ahead by much.

If we're comparing all luxury cars--Germany wins. If asking which Japanese luxury car would be most desired among the rest, you could argue Lexus or Infiniti (Nissan) over Acura. In terms of comparing Japanese luxury cars on their own, all three are comparable.
Take it for what it's worth, but a recent Motor Trend article had the new GS dominating its class over BMW,Audi,and Infiniti. I don't make the kind of money to test all four, so I'll take their word on it for now.

Just my opinion, a Infiniti or Acura is a lot closer to a Nissan or Honda than a Lexus is to a Toyota. I know, I confused myself too.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Lexus is by far head and shoulders above INfiniit Acura unless you are living under a rock or just don't know **** about cars. Lexus is a Tier 1 luxury brand comparable with the best which is clearly acknowledged by the experts and competition.

The SC is not a rebadged Solara so you clearly do not know **** about cars. Do some reading before posting crap.

Acura barely has cooled seats and real wood in only some of their cars. They have no RWD, no V-8, no S-class etc competitor, no coupes, no super cars, no AMG/M fighters nothing. They compete with Buick and quite frankly Hyundai, Kia, Ford, GM etc all are kicking Acura's lame ass.

And Lexus has worked hard to become more of an enthusiasts car and is far sportier than Acura and infiniit.

Read
2012 Infiniti M35h vs. 2013 Lexus GS 450h vs. 2012 Porsche Panamera Hybrid - Motor Trend

Six-Cylinder Midsize Luxury Sedan Comparison - Audi A6, BMW 535i, Lexus GS 350, Infiniti M37 - Motor Trend

Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package smashes Nordschliefe production record with 7:14 lap

Lexus IS-F | Car review | evo

I worked at a Nissan dealership and I'm working at an Acura dealership. For the most part Acuras or more reliable then Infinitis.

People get away with alot when they own an acura...however I have to say that Acuras aren't true luxury cars.

There like upscaled fully loaded hondas but not quite luxury.

Germans still rule the luxury world.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I worked at a Nissan dealership and I'm working at an Acura dealership. For the most part Acuras or more reliable then Infinitis.

People get away with alot when they own an acura...however I have to say that Acuras aren't true luxury cars.

There like upscaled fully loaded hondas but not quite luxury.

Germans still rule the luxury world.
Agreed

Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Agreed
Thanks for the info, but maybe not all of us are as rich, and "high class" as you and we don't ever want to own a lexus.

I would rather have an Acura Integra or Infinity G35 anyday.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Thanks for the info, but maybe not all of us are as rich, and "high class" as you and we don't ever want to own a lexus.

I would rather have an Acura Integra or Infinity G35 anyday.

Indeed. The 95 Integra GSR was the best car I ever owned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive