Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,532,111 times

Advertisements

Looking at getting a 2011 Odyssey or Sienna. Want leather and a dvd. So looking at EX-L with RES and the XLE with Ent. Package. I think the Toyota may be a bit cheaper but not enough to sway me. I never know the exact Toyota price because they have individual options. We are getting rid of a 2007 Odyssey. Loved it.

Thoughts on which one you prefer? Any features that one has that the other doesn't? Or are they basically interchangeable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM

498 posts, read 1,456,053 times
I really liked the Sienna at the last auto show. It's a handsome van too. Didn't find the Odyssey all that appealing inside or (especially) out.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:59 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Well, it's kind of like asking which flavor of vanilla do you prefer. There really isn't much that distinguishes the two these days as far as features, amenities, performance, etc. It really comes down to personal preference and/or which one is going to give you the better deal.

If it were me, I'd take the wife and the kids and head down to the dealership to take an extended test drive of each one and see which suits you better.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Look wise, I like the Sienna over the Odyssey this year. However I really like alot of the things the Odyssey has in it. For us I think the thing that it would come down to is the amount of the plug in outlets. In the 2008 I think its a bit disappointing they only had 2 (one in the front, one in the very back).

I think it will boil down to the test drive.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,532,111 times
I think we like the looks of the Sienna too. Now, if we can just get the Toyota dealer to give me a quote. The Honda quote is pretty good. Our current Odyssey has been a great car so part of me thinks we should stick with what works.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,910,302 times
Yeah I would have to go with the Sienna. Only minivan that offers all where drive and it's looks are stellar.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,231,171 times
Get the Odyssey... the Sienna has gotten way to cheap on the inside - too much hard and cheap plastic. The Odyssey has slipped a little as well, but not as bad as the Sienna.

Check out both, look at the interior material quality, fit-n-finish, etc. Then decide.

If this is not important to you (like it is to me), then go with whichever styling you like best.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Drive them both on roads that are twisty as well as straight. I did this and found the Honda to be much tighter and much more responsive, while the toyota was a bit mushy. I would have picked the Honda for that alone. But this is my driving preference and each person has a different prefernces for the drive. I decided a minivan was too big for me in the end.

The Honda has the redesign and near the lightening bolt thingy near the side/rear window....the back side of the van doesn't match the front side of the van. The side front and side rear of the Honda both have a pleasing design, but they don't look like they match. It appears that you had one of those game pieces from a fast food place and had the side snapshot of 2 different brands of van and matched the 2 pieces together that didn't go together. Because of this mismatch design, lots of folks have been turned off by the current model of Oddyssey. It looks better in darker colors, as the mismatch is more obvious in lighter colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive