Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Try eBay motors local classifieds, it's free to list and no fees at all. It works just like any classified ads where the transactions are done in person, but you'll get the exposure from eBay.

I was having a hard time selling my last car through craigslist and cars.com. I found out about the eBay classifieds, and had 3 offers overnight. The car was sold within 12 hours for full price to a guy that lived about 90 minutes from me. It made me a believer...

From what I just read (and hopefully understood), ebay local does not charge an insertion fee, but takes ten percent of the sale after the vehicle is sold.
Was that your experience with them?

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 412 times
Default RCO Cash For Cars

I know the content of the article was a bit old however to those that are still reading, many of the suggested options of selling a car are worthy. Just giving readers another option, Our company RCO Cash for Cars is a national cash for cars company that buys all types of vehicles running or not paying up to $100K per vehicle. Feel free to call us toll free (888) 589-1747 or visit online [url=http://www.rcocashforcars.com]RCO CASH FOR CARS | WE BUY CARS FAST (888) 589-1747[/url] for a free quote.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:34 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I have sold vehicles on Craigslist I only answer phone calls,no e-mails and I meet the buyers off site. I give them 15 min. to make the appointment and then I'm gone.
I take only cash no matter the excuse. It's your money.
Bring a friend with you when you meet the buyers.
Correct.

But.

I do just the opposite. I use a throw away email address. I never give out my phone number at first.
Only after I get the phone number from potential buyer.

I don't deliver. I don't meet (distance) half way. Meet at a public place. And if you have never done this before or live in a high crime area - take a friend.

Cash paper money. And if a lot - meet at bank and verify bills. In my area the bills faked the most are the $20.00. Yes, you can buy a pen to verify paper bills.

Zero - No checks no matter what the story is or what the check is.

For a large money sale - wire transfer only.

All checks can be faked no matter what anyone states here.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:40 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Exception to above.

Real checks not faked.

The true story printed in Automotive News.

Dealer in North America. $45,000 cost used car. Email/call from "England". Will send a proper Barclay's Bank check.

Dealer gets check and ships car to England. Check is a valid check/money order/cashiers check. Barclays' Bank is telephoned and asked if check is a "valid" good check. Barclay's affirms - good check.

Except 2 months later the dealership is charge $44,990.00. As the valid check was only for $10.00.
The thieves doctored a valid check.

Yes, the check was valid. Just the amount was not.

This was a decade or so ago - and obviously dealerships are now verifying the check AND the amount of check.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:56 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
We've bought and sold a number of cars on eBay. Never a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive