Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 AM

742 posts, read 1,230,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
the ones who will not let you merge when a lane closes or when you are trying to merge to get on a highway. The same racers are also the ones who the minute you put on a turn signal speed up so you can't get over.
the reason the racers are so quick to close a gap is because they know how slow and inconsiderate the turtles are, and if one gets in front of a racer they know they are screwed for an undetermined amount of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 AM

30,317 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
I understand you guys point. I live in what we lovingly refer to as Slower/Lower Delaware. We do have a few multilane roads which I do my best to avoid during the season when it gets hectic. I drive mostly on 2 lane roads and will actually sit and wait for an approaching car to pass before I pull onto the road. I really do not like someone close behind me.
You wait for approaching cars to pass before you pull out on to the road? Please move to Maine and teach others how to do that, as well. Please.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,199,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You wait for approaching cars to pass before you pull out on to the road? Please move to Maine and teach others how to do that, as well. Please.
If you ever consider moving when retired check out slower/lower DELAWARE. Great area with low taxes .Folks start slowing down a few months after they move here. Notice I said when retired. Unless you are in the medical profession there are no year around jobs with benefits and living wages.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,507,814 times
OK so I am stopped on a red light. A lady slowly drags and stops right behind me. Few seconds passed and then I heard a bang from behind! WTF!! I got out of the car and saw no damage or dent just a little paint loss. I asked lady what she's doing and she told me she was managing things in car as it looked dirty and unorganized and this is when the breaks were released!! WTF!!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,450,502 times
I find fascinating the people who break the speed limit and then want to blame everything on the people who actually obey the law. There's an interesting correlation, based on online discussions, between a need for speed and an overwhelming resistance to acknowledging that they are doing something wrong and, in fact, if they weren't insistent on breaking the law they would have no problem with those "slow" drivers who know that speed limit means the top speed they're supposed to drive.

It's not the speeding that's the real problem, of course, it's the kind of person who has this attitude, because they're totally unable to accept that they are experiencing the consequences of their own actions and need to find someone else to blame, and that's not an attitude of a good driver. It's pretty much the same attitude as that of someone who thinks that they can "handle" driving and texting, or driving and putting on makeup, or driving 20 miles BELOW the limit without a good reason (such as car trouble and trying to get to a safe place to pull over) or driving and whatever else - "I'm the only one on the road and what I decide I want to do is fine and anyone else on the road needs to accommodate me."

Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM

742 posts, read 1,230,548 times
I find it fascinating that people that go 50 in a 55 MPH zone don't acknowledge their own submerged anger and passive aggression by preventing others from passing.

"because they're totally unable to accept that they are experiencing the consequences of their own actions "

yes this applies to hateful slow drivers.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,465,700 times
our city seem to have a sudden influx of people who think blinkers are for after you make your turn and when merging onto the highway, come to a complete stop before entering the busy traffic.

its gotten to the point where i really dont want to even go out anymore if it involves driving

no texting was made law here 2 years ago, we really never see it anymore. we just ended up with morons instead of distracted morons

Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,603,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktothefuture View Post
But the person driving 10 or more miles above the speed limit obviously is going some where very important aren't they (cough Crate & Barrel cough).
I'm far less concerned about "10 over the limit" guy who has both hands on the wheel and drives like a pro than I am with distracted moron playing with the phone. I drive commercial so I sit up high and know what you're all doing in your cars.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post
I find it fascinating that people that go 50 in a 55 MPH zone don't acknowledge their own submerged anger and passive aggression by preventing others from passing.

"because they're totally unable to accept that they are experiencing the consequences of their own actions "

I covered that, mainelander, but apparently you were unable to read it. (See bolding in my post below.) Maybe because you're unable or unwilling to see or acknowledge that the speeder is just as much of a problem as the slow poke and, is, indeed, the one who is actually breaking the law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I find fascinating the people who break the speed limit and then want to blame everything on the people who actually obey the law. There's an interesting correlation, based on online discussions, between a need for speed and an overwhelming resistance to acknowledging that they are doing something wrong and, in fact, if they weren't insistent on breaking the law they would have no problem with those "slow" drivers who know that speed limit means the top speed they're supposed to drive.

It's not the speeding that's the real problem, of course, it's the kind of person who has this attitude, because they're totally unable to accept that they are experiencing the consequences of their own actions and need to find someone else to blame, and that's not an attitude of a good driver. It's pretty much the same attitude as that of someone who thinks that they can "handle" driving and texting, or driving and putting on makeup, or driving 20 miles BELOW the limit without a good reason (such as car trouble and trying to get to a safe place to pull over) or driving and whatever else - "I'm the only one on the road and what I decide I want to do is fine and anyone else on the road needs to accommodate me."

Old 02-02-2013, 12:22 AM

32,967 posts, read 36,456,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post

You are sure that it is anger. I'd bet that at least some of the time that you are dealing with timid, unsure drivers or those from out of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive