Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I wish America could build a highway similar to the autobahn, but for some reason our drivers are too inattentive for that kind of high way. If people paid more attention to their driving, we would have less accidents.

...But nowadays I see too many drivers looking at their phone while in their car.
"survival of the fittest"
n.
Natural selection conceived of as a struggle for life in which only those organisms best adapted to existing conditions are able to survive and reproduce.... 'Ol Charlie Darwin had it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeksil View Post
I have no idea but they need to knock it off. Heck, I don't even fiddle with the radio unless I'm at a stoplight (Don't really have to even look at it anyways, but still). I won't even answer my phone while driving - texting is completely out of the question unless I'm parked.

In addition, use your *%&^ signals before you change lanes or turn! BEFORE, not during, or after, or not at all. There, I got it out of my system. Sorry
I'll take pictures of traffic congestion every now and then but other than that, I don't bother with my phone either. I either have a CD in the car or turn the radio on for traffic updates. After I get a update on my route, I'll turn it off. I'm getting bored of my CDs so I've been driving with silence lately. I do enjoy it.

As for turn signals, one excuse I heard was that people tend to speed up when someone uses their turn signals so they just don't use them. I have been a victim of drivers choosing to speed up intentionally when I use my signals. So I get in front of that driver anyway. If he/she slows down, they have themselves to blame. They knew what they are trying to do and I outsmarted them.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I'll take pictures of traffic congestion every now and then but other than that, I don't bother with my phone either. I either have a CD in the car or turn the radio on for traffic updates. After I get a update on my route, I'll turn it off. I'm getting bored of my CDs so I've been driving with silence lately. I do enjoy it.

As for turn signals, one excuse I heard was that people tend to speed up when someone uses their turn signals so they just don't use them. I have been a victim of drivers choosing to speed up intentionally when I use my signals. So I get in front of that driver anyway. If he/she slows down, they have themselves to blame. They knew what they are trying to do and I outsmarted them.
I find NPR to be a good alternative when I get bored of my music.

I've heard this about turn signals too, it's a stupid excuse to ignore safety. I'll get in front of them too, I just laugh if they get angry, they knew they were being a jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive