Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,455,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Same here,but it seems like the parking gets tighter all the time and the type of vehicles I drive take an "old school" parking spot and the spaces are now made for a Prius or something simular...hell,you could park 6 Smart cars in the foot print of my shop truck

My pet peeve is on top of these spots getting smaller, is when the cars on either side of the spot you've chosen are parked on the lines of your spot.

However....when I don't have doors on the YJ, I take those spots on purpose lol

Have fun getting YOUR door open! And go ahead and slam your door into it. I promise, you'll care about the damage alot more than I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,328,323 times
I have a Pontiac Grand Prix and it has plastic body moldings the whole length of the body. This car is door dent proof.

Almost every time the I witnessed some one denting another car it was always a fat women. I think I've seen this more then 25 times. I have also seen teenage girls do it to. I don't loan my cars to any of my female relates any more because when I used to, I always got it back with new dents or scratches. I can drive a car 100,000 miles and never put even one scratch in it. What is wrong with the female brain?

Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,101,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
My pet peeve is on top of these spots getting smaller, is when the cars on either side of the spot you've chosen are parked on the lines of your spot.

However....when I don't have doors on the YJ, I take those spots on purpose lol

Have fun getting YOUR door open! And go ahead and slam your door into it. I promise, you'll care about the damage alot more than I will.
that's me with my shop rig..3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban lifted with 35s on it and the wheels are 12" which has the tires bulged out to beat hell and sticking out of the fenderwells what seems to be a mile...you wanna door ding that thing? Lotsa luck getting past the oil field pipe nerfs grandma..lol

Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,455,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
that's me with my shop rig..3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban lifted with 35s on it and the wheels are 12" which has the tires bulged out to beat hell and sticking out of the fenderwells what seems to be a mile...you wanna door ding that thing? Lotsa luck getting past the oil field pipe nerfs grandma..lol

Oh see....your problem isn't spots getting smaller. It's your rig getting wider!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,101,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh see....your problem isn't spots getting smaller. It's your rig getting wider!
Lol..its kinda like my arse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
I have a Pontiac Grand Prix and it has plastic body moldings the whole length of the body. This car is door dent proof.

Almost every time the I witnessed some one denting another car it was always a fat women. I think I've seen this more then 25 times. I have also seen teenage girls do it to. I don't loan my cars to any of my female relates any more because when I used to, I always got it back with new dents or scratches. I can drive a car 100,000 miles and never put even one scratch in it. What is wrong with the female brain?
What is wrong with the female brain? Dude when you figure that out you will be king of the universe...I bought a book on it to study up on women and when I got it home and opened it up it was just a blank sheet of paper.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:27 PM

29 posts, read 65,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post

Actually I'm a female and I care about my car. I've never scratched my car or bumped it into anything. It's always dumb people keying my car because they're jealous of me or something. I try to park as far away from other cars and it pisses me off when someone parks next to me when there are other empty spots near my car. Some people are just annoying.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:49 PM

45,555 posts, read 60,795,283 times
The restyled Taurus/Sable starting in 1996. I had two of them ('98 and '02) and the outward facing curve on the upper fenders and doors invited dents.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM

307 posts, read 686,352 times
Parking your car far away doesn't help. My brother and I proved that once. Parked at a mall and we parked as far as you can park and when we came out there was a car parked right next to both of our cars. A million parking spots and it was right there. Real close to top it off. I think people feel the need to be near other people. The worst that i have seen are old people. they just don't bang your car, they use it as a crutch to help them stand up straight.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM

892 posts, read 1,503,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
If I do park near other cars I look for nice vehicles to park between. I never park beside a piece of crap junker or a car that has multiple dents. If someone doesn't care enough to take care of their own vehicle what are the chances they will care about yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgix6 View Post
Parking your car far away doesn't help. My brother and I proved that once. Parked at a mall and we parked as far as you can park and when we came out there was a car parked right next to both of our cars. A million parking spots and it was right there. Real close to top it off. I think people feel the need to be near other people.
Yep, and missik999 proved that one.

Go ahead and park your car next to my nice one. If I don't have enough room to open my door, I'll just start clearancing your door with my boot until I do have enough room. If you're unwise enough to park close to one of my trail rigs, you'll find out the same thing that poor guy in the brand new car (still had the window sticker in it!) that I care about my doors FAR less than you do. The sound of a Blazer door repeatedly slamming into another is a lovely sound to me Although he was a special kind of arrogant loser...I watched him park his car inches away from my truck.

I kid you not, his passenger mirror was less than an inch away from touching my driver's side mirror, despite there being an open space in front of me, open space in front of him, and several open spaces to his left. I wait for him to get out, ask him "WTF? I don't even have enough room to open my door!" His reponse - "pfft..I'm within the lines..I don't know what to tell you..." Seriously? Fair enough...he walks down about 5 spaces, then hears the lovely sound of my truck door getting pulled open as hard as I could, in to his...about 5 times. I made just enough room to squeeze into my truck. Did I mention his car was brand new? My truck was lifted...just enough for the meat of my door to just miss his impact strips

As was said before...you can't get away from the inconsiderate. I routinely park my truck way out in the back 40, so to speak. I routinely come out to find someone has parked inches away from my driver's door, with 20 open spaces in every direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive