Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:31 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Yes but the difference is that the majority of the cars u mentioned are bought brand new by middle class people using money they earned at their middle class jobs... and a few are bought by rental car companies. Nobody outside the fly over states buys a new Malibu with their own hard earned money. It is and always will be a rental car. Once in a blue moon some Murica!!! type character in a square state buys a new Malibu while the rest of the world is puzzled... followed by uncontrollable laughter.
Well I hope people in non "flyover" states (whatever that means) don't worry themselves about what other people spend their money on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 10:37 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
A V6 engine in most passenger cars is unnecessary, as evidenced by the fact that well over 80%-85% of the imported family sedans such as the Accord & Camry sold in the USA have automatic transmissions, and that's been the case for over three decades.

GM had to do something with the Malibu lest it become irrelevant in the marketplace, and especially in a sizzling auto market in which the average new car sold for $32,426 last month, an amount of money that nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size would spend on a Malibu as opposed to an Accord, Sonata or other standout family sedan.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Well I hope people in non "flyover" states (whatever that means) don't worry themselves about what other people spend their money on.
East coast and west coast snob's terms for anyone between the Rockies and Appalachian, Smokey Mountains. The idiots in the ny news media are the worst with this attitude.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
A V6 engine in most passenger cars is unnecessary, as evidenced by the fact that well over 80%-85% of the imported family sedans such as the Accord & Camry sold in the USA have automatic transmissions, and that's been the case for over three decades.

GM had to do something with the Malibu lest it become irrelevant in the marketplace, and especially in a sizzling auto market in which the average new car sold for $32,426 last month, an amount of money that nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size would spend on a Malibu as opposed to an Accord, Sonata or other standout family sedan.
My friends brand NEW Malibu cost her less than $25k. She bought it outright with no trade in. You won't get as nice of an accord, sonata, or camery without spending more $. BTW, NONE of these cars are standout family sedans. They are all just compact cars period. A family sedan is a full size car which no one makes anymore.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,885 times
I think the 2014 is very much like my 2013 Malibu. It was 24k for the LT model. To drive the price up to 30k, it must have every option available. That said, the current car is very appliance-like. There is little personality to it. I think it is a nice looking car. I like the interior. If you are big, the seats would be too small. Back seat is very tight, but not any issue for me. The 4cyl. has enough power to get out of its way, and it's pretty good on gas. I will never be in love with this car, but will like it if it takes me from point A to B. That's it's only job.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 AM

458 posts, read 1,249,423 times
The new Fusion is going to dominate that segment. I already see a ton of them on the road...

Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
The new Fusion is going to dominate that segment. I already see a ton of them on the road...
Once Flat Rock production begins, I wouldn't be surprised if it overtakes the Camry for the sales crown.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
In my area the Sonata seems to dominating the segment lately, even over the Camry. It's probably because they're built somewhat locally, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen very many new Fusions yet, although there's lots of the last gens around.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:37 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
The Chevy brand just seems so lost these days. Keep the trucks and the Vette, and maybe the Cruze, and just jettison the rest of the Chevy line.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The Chevy brand just seems so lost these days. Keep the trucks and the Vette, and maybe the Cruze, and just jettison the rest of the Chevy line.
I'd have to disagree with that. Aside from the Malibu, all of their new products are very competitive. The new Impala is arguably best in class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive