Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:56 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times

Advertisements

I live in NJ and hate it with a passion, but I have to say commuting into Pennsylvania everyday that Pa drivers are far worse. They are comparable to Ma drivers...I grew up in NH and we called the Mass drivers Mass-holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,715 times
NYC is plain dangerous and the roads are in very bad condition..

Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,138,435 times
Seoul. Pusan. Ever see a Korean taxi driver drive? e.g. they will run a red, and stop on the other side of the interestion just before the crosswalk. what? It's amazing, but after being there for a while you learn to tune out car horns, because they use them all - the - time. Weaving in and out. Crazy.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,467,288 times
I think it depends on how you define bad. Personally, I'm a great driver in my home city of Boise, as I know where I'm going and the traffic isn't all that bad (shhh, don't tell the other locals I said that, they all think it is awful). And I'm a great driver on our interstates out here, because traffic is very light on them. But put me into a big city where I don't know where I'm going and the traffic is insane and I'm instantly the world's worst driver. I would consider people who drive in big cities, like NYC or LA to be inherently better drivers than I am. Much ruder drivers, but probably better overall. They'd have to be in order to not get into accidents weekly.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM

613 posts, read 943,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have driven in over 40 states including most major cities and I would have to say Boston.
Bingo. Not just in Boston itself, but further out, esp. the infamous "RT 128". Worse than the NYC area drivers, in my experience.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
albuquerque new mexico has the worst drivers i have ever had the displeasure to have to deal with. and yes i have been in LA traffic along with st louis, washington dc, chicago, and other large cities.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:13 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,845,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainbluebear View Post
From what I've seen, I would have to say that LA does, and secondly NYC.
NYC isn't as bad though, it is just that there is a stoplight on every corner. LA is just packed with freeways every 5-10 blocks you see one and the whole city is just so huge which causes congestion. NYC is divided at least in terms of it's layout.
Uhhhh what city are you talking about? Los Angeles has some of the fewest freeway miles per capita in the United States. I know it is hard to believe because of the stereotypes, but it is true. A ton of the planned freeways got blocked by residents too, making it very difficult and time consuming to traverse the city east-to-west.

Worst things about driving in Los Angeles is that it too has stoplights almost every corner, and there is a severe lack of left-turn lanes and left-turn lights. I basically plan every car trip so that I make as few left turns as possible, and will go out of my way to make sure that left hand turn is with a dedicated left turn light.

I'd say the worst drivers are in New England. Los Angeles has some terrible drivers too. Had bad experiences with drivers in San Diego too.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I live in NJ and hate it with a passion, but I have to say commuting into Pennsylvania everyday that Pa drivers are far worse.
Exactly,though I think they're both horrible in their own way

Old 08-17-2013, 05:26 PM

211 posts, read 519,135 times
Anywhere in underdeveloped Asian countries you'll find uncivilized drivers, motorists, and pedestrians. Hong Kong and New Delhi have the worst in my opinion (worldwide not nationally).

Old 08-17-2013, 09:07 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Since tires perform differently in different automobiles, I don't have a favorite. Any all-weather tire that keeps road noise low on the road (pavement) is good for me. For winter driving on ice and snow, any stud-less tire that equals the performance of Blizzack tires is also good for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive