Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:01 PM

19,147 posts, read 25,371,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is mud. View Post
I will regularly back ones and not front ones.
Huh?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM

19,147 posts, read 25,371,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is mud. View Post
No....to quote Chicago, it's only the beginning...

I still wanna know if some schlub who doesn't turn on his signals makes a turn, if they go off automatically.

If a driver activates his turn signals, the movement of the steering wheel cancels the signals as he/she completes the turn.
Or...are you one of those people who say, "go off", when they actually mean, "go on"?

Old 09-25-2013, 03:16 PM

626 posts, read 1,349,607 times
With the lack of people using their turn signals, Im starting to think that they are an optional add-on on cars....

Seriously though, to the OP- I think youre just commuting with the morons that dont realize a bicyclist has the right of way and not to speed up and cut them off to turn, but instead just wait until they pass where youre turning...seems the 3 seconds it takes them to wait will delay their entire day and well, your life and safety mean nothing to them because we do live in a me me me society.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,128,125 times
Why woud you put on your signals when you are trying to run over someone on a bike :-0

Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,277,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I am from Chicago, I'm a pedestrian, a bicyclist, a bus-rider, a train-rider, and a driver. Thanks.

I love it how you deduce what experience a person has by their one post.

People just need to stop complaining.
And I love it how you tell someone to "get over it". Heck, 50% of the posts on the forum are about someone complaining.

Mud, just continue riding defensively. And make sure your lit up like a Christmas Tree when riding at night. I even use a flashing headlight and taillight during the day to increase driver's ability to see me.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM

45 posts, read 95,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
If a driver activates his turn signals, the movement of the steering wheel cancels the signals as he/she completes the turn.
Or...are you one of those people who say, "go off", when they actually mean, "go on"?

LOL--yes, "one of THOSE people"

Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Huh?

I will SEE the rear turn signal but initially when I was facing the car's front, it's just dark. In other words, I make an effort to look at the rear of the car to see if they used ANY turn signal and sometimes there is a back light blinking. So it's confusing knowing if they bothered to make an effort to warn people or if during a turn, the car automatically turns on the turn signal.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:56 PM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I think youre just commuting with the morons that dont realize a bicyclist has the right of way .
Right of way?
In PA, cars and bicycles have equal right to the road.

And specifically, with vehicles turning right...

When going straight though an intersection, keep to the left of the right turning traffic. Stay completely out of a right-turn-only lane. If there's a lane marked for right turns and through traffic, ride near its left side.

PACommutes :: Biking - Safety and Laws - Rules of the Road

Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
And I love it how you tell someone to "get over it". Heck, 50% of the posts on the forum are about someone complaining.

Mud, just continue riding defensively. And make sure your lit up like a Christmas Tree when riding at night. I even use a flashing headlight and taillight during the day to increase driver's ability to see me.
Okay, okay, you make a good point about lights. I have been chewed out by drivers for it before.

My issue with lights is that I have bought some that were hard to install or very small or fell off. I have seen huge strobe-like lights and that is great. If you can recommend any brands to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:37 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,208,235 times
I've noticed a lot of people turn on their blinker literally as they are turning. I have no idea what this is supposed to do. A blinker is there to let everyone around you know you're intending to make a turn. If you're already making the turn, most people are going to figure that out anyway... but I still see it... all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive