Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Sure, neither of them were right. But then you start talking about how he was "trying to prove how manly he was." That's the key right there. You're attributing his behavior to "being a man." What was she doing? Being a lady? Also being a man? What does masculinity have anything to do with any of this? You see, the real issue is that people on here unconsciously are doing the same thing you are. If someone tailgates you, they're "being men." Right? What if it's a woman tailgating you? Uh ...she's also being a man. People got brainwashed into thinking that aggression equals "being a man."

Here's the question: what if everything goes down just like it did, except that while she's laughing at him she hits a kid crossing the road? Then, do we post the same gleeful posts about "karma!!"? You should, if you're being honest. Is she still a hero? Or is she a "man"?
I can't begin to help you with your questions. You admit you are a woman beater. You have issues that go beyond the automotive section. Maybe the Psychology section of this forum will help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Good to see an obvious case of testosterone poisoning get "his."

Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I can't begin to help you with your questions. You admit you are a woman beater. You have issues that go beyond the automotive section. Maybe the Psychology section of this forum will help you.
I actually didn't admit I was a woman beater. I saw that you were so unintelligent that this is what you had gleaned from my posts, so I condescendingly agreed with you. Unsurprisingly, you didn't realize that was what I was doing and now hold an incorrect thought in your little tiny head. Which explains a lot about why you hold the same beliefs about this woman.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Good to see an obvious case of testosterone poisoning get "his."
Ah, notice how once the initial "he was acting like a man" post came out, now it's followed by a discussion of how the guy had testosterone poisoning? Like I said, if you just wait a little, then the real issue reveals itself.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,023,230 times
If SHE had hit a kid while she was looking back and laughing -- OR even trying to film him -- people would still blame HIM not her....saying HE started the whole thing. When in reality her using the phone to record would have been the cause of that part of the tragedy. No one MADE her record it. SHE did that of her own accord.

She should have gotten a ticket for inattentive driving. That's NOT the end of the world.
That way HE would have had his consequences , and she would have had hers. And yet those consequences would have been fair.

With her getting NO ticket, authorities -- of course made a judgement call -- but also (I suppose unwittingly) deified her -- AND lose their credibility when it comes to telling people just how truly dangerous IT REALLY IS -- to drive while not paying attention to the road -- for whatever reason.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:00 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Sure, neither of them were right. But then you start talking about how he was "trying to prove how manly he was." That's the key right there. You're attributing his behavior to "being a man." What was she doing? Being a lady? Also being a man? What does masculinity have anything to do with any of this? You see, the real issue is that people on here unconsciously are doing the same thing you are. If someone tailgates you, they're "being men." Right? What if it's a woman tailgating you? Uh ...she's also being a man. People got brainwashed into thinking that aggression equals "being a man."

It's a reasonable assumption based on his behavior, the type of truck he's driving, and his creative use of sign language.

Quote:
Here's the question: what if everything goes down just like it did, except that while she's laughing at him she hits a kid crossing the road? Then, do we post the same gleeful posts about "karma!!"? You should, if you're being honest. Is she still a hero? Or is she a "man"?
That didn't happen! and even if it did! it would not change the opinion about this guy. That would be two separate accidents. There is no way to blame the guy for the hypothetical accident, unless you're the type to blame this lady for his stupid behavior. No matter what she did, he lost control of his emotions, and eventually his truck, and possibly his money (fines, repairs, higher insurance rates, etc...).

Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It's a reasonable assumption based on his behavior, the type of truck he's driving, and his creative use of sign language.
Huh, that's interesting how liberals can make assumptions that are reasonable in this case, but if anyone else makes any other assumption in any other case we have to hear hours of lecturing. Odd, right? No, not odd at all. They're just huge hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That didn't happen! and even if it did! it would not change the opinion about this guy. That would be two separate accidents.
Ta daaaa!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Um, actually the article says she is being criticized by multiple sources for her role and then details what that was.
If there are so many such reports, then produce one of those reports instead of a second-hand report of reports. If she's supposedly speeding up to prevent him from passing her, she's doing a lousy job of it. Why do we not hear any increased engine load? Why do we not we hear the transmission kicking down? Why is she traveling the same speed as she was earlier in the video? Who actually believes a Jeep Patriot can come anywhere close out-accelerating an F-250 with a huge V8? Can you rebut any aspect of my analysis in post #218? Or are you just going to keep hanging your hat on "some web site reported that some news sites reported that she claims to have sped up" because that conforms to your biases even when the video clearly shows she left him plenty of time and room to get around her if he weren't so busy mugging for the camera?

Old 04-03-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If there are so many such reports, then produce one of those reports instead of a second-hand report of reports. If she's supposedly speeding up to prevent him from passing her, she's doing a lousy job of it. Why do we not hear any increased engine load? Why do we not we hear the transmission kicking down? Why is she traveling the same speed as she was earlier in the video? Who actually believes she can come anywhere close out-accelerating an F-250 with a huge V8 in a Jeep Patriot? Can you rebut any aspect of my analysis in post #218? Or are you just going to keep hanging your hat on "some web site reported that some news sites reported that she claims to have sped up" because that conforms to your biases even when the video clearly shows he left him plenty of time and room to get around her if he weren't so busy mugging for the camera?
It's great how your entire argument is now devolving into a demand for additional sources. That's called desperation.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:20 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
It's great how your entire argument is now devolving into a demand for additional sources. That's called desperation.
My "entire argument?" Are you simply unable to read or something? I produced a very detailed argument based on the video itself that so far you haven't even tried to refute. Can you answer a single one of the questions asked above?

You on the other hand have based YOUR entire argument on a single third-hand report of her "claim" that she sped up and you've chosen to rely on that rather than the plain evidence from the actual source video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive