Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
This isn't rocket science. If you can't figure out that the OP posted pics of a bunch of modified V8 Camaros and called them the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I've disagreed and said there are plenty of V6 and V10 engines that perform better (using the GTR and Gallardo engines as an example), then I can't help you. And yes, you DID say cars.

So you mean to tell me you're comparing just the engine vs the Gallardo engine? No, you're not, because you didn't mention the V10. You're comparing cars.

Seems like you're comparing cars here too. Now you can continue being obtuse about understanding the English language, but then I'm going to have to lump you in with tweedle-dee and dum here as well, and that's saying something.

I don't have to mention the V10. Its understood we are talking about V10 turbo6 American v8 MOTORS. The topic was engine types not cars. You used the Gallardo as the vehicle. When I said NASCAR it was meant the motor that nascar uses not the freaking car. NASCAR was used as the description of engine as coming from a specific type of racing venue. And even if I used car it's still talking about the engine in the car. No different than you using the Gallardo V10 example. But either way this is about the stupidest argument I've ever been involved in. Have fun arguing the finer points of a stupid topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 11:03 PM

255 posts, read 660,712 times
Nothing posted In the original post was stated as fact. It was started in jest in attempt to lighten the mood around. I as the original poster have a great deal of respect of anything and everything in the auto world. A fast Honda is cool, a rice Honda is not. Dollar for dollar I believe you can't beat a good old fashioned V8, and will stand behind that.

Truth of the matter is, no matter how fast you are there will always be someone faster and that's how it always has and always will be. To be a true car guy you have to offer respect to every other type of car guy whether it's your cup of tea or not. Didn't intend this to turn into a passing match but I shouldn't have been surprised to see it did. Lol

I actually love me some straight 6 engines as well.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:20 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,745 times
Everytime I see someone rev a V-8 in a parking lot, I say "another $1.25 spent to go 2 ft". A metal phallus extension. But hey, if I had the extra cash to blow I'd probably try it too to just to see if it works.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:39 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Jeez. How did this OP-acknowledged troll thread devolve into such a gravely serious conversation? C'mon people, stop being so serious -- it's a troll thread. Have fun with it. For instance... 7-cylinders FTW!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:58 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I don't have to mention the V10. Its understood we are talking about V10 turbo6 American v8 MOTORS. The topic was engine types not cars. You used the Gallardo as the vehicle. When I said NASCAR it was meant the motor that nascar uses not the freaking car. NASCAR was used as the description of engine as coming from a specific type of racing venue. And even if I used car it's still talking about the engine in the car. No different than you using the Gallardo V10 example. But either way this is about the stupidest argument I've ever been involved in. Have fun arguing the finer points of a stupid topic.
The motors in the cars he's talking about make over 1,500 hp, the Ford GT's might be over 2,000. And with one particular Ford GT, no there isn't a faster street legal car in the world.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZX6Y8O3tI0

Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM

326 posts, read 471,189 times
this is why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33wnxuxAKg

Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Ah, I get it. So when you mention cars you're talking about the engine in the car. When I mention cars I must be talking about the whole car.

Trying to educate you on different engine types hasn't been fun, just exasperating. But I see normal people are following what I've been saying, so it's not my problem.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The motors in the cars he's talking about make over 1,500 hp, the Ford GT's might be over 2,000. And with one particular Ford GT, no there isn't a faster street legal car in the world.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZX6Y8O3tI0
Exactly. And there isn't a single LSX engine out there in a street legal vehicle that can compete with those cars. People are absolutely clueless when it comes to aftermarket performance and what is attainable.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:59 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry12 View Post
To me that just sounds broken. It certainly isn't how I'd want a Benz to sound under any circumstances.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb19 View Post
Nothing posted In the original post was stated as fact. It was started in jest in attempt to lighten the mood around. I as the original poster have a great deal of respect of anything and everything in the auto world. A fast Honda is cool, a rice Honda is not. Dollar for dollar I believe you can't beat a good old fashioned V8, and will stand behind that.

Truth of the matter is, no matter how fast you are there will always be someone faster and that's how it always has and always will be. To be a true car guy you have to offer respect to every other type of car guy whether it's your cup of tea or not. Didn't intend this to turn into a passing match but I shouldn't have been surprised to see it did. Lol

I actually love me some straight 6 engines as well.
Great reply, I'm on the same page with you on this one. I love the coyote 5.0 in my mustang GT, I'm still in awe of that V8 motor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive