Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 05:37 PM

4,628 posts, read 12,319,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Note that this makes no reference whatsoever to speed limit. This can all be true within the speed limit and you can still be the jerk that thinks the move left law (if one exists in your area) is sacred for everyone else but the speed limit law doesn't apply to you.
Still using the speed limit to hold up traffic in the fast lane argument I see. Most of us live in the real world.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,327,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
In case anyone didnt notice the LIMIT is the LIMIT not a suggestion. Why do people ride peoples *** that do the limit? I am not going to risk getting a ticket just because YOU didnt leave 5 minutes earlier for your crappy job.
Threads like this remind me of how petty and small minded some individuals are. If someone wants to drive faster and pass, why wouldn't you switch lanes and enable them to do so? What do you have to lose? Pride? Do you really have so little going on in your life that in order to feel better about yourself, you have to stick it to the driver behind you who wants to pass.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,509,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Threads like this remind me of how petty and small minded some individuals are. If someone wants to drive faster and pass, why wouldn't you switch lanes and enable them to do so? What do you have to lose? Pride? Do you really have so little going on in your life that in order to feel better about yourself, you have to stick it to the driver behind you who wants to pass.

He didn't say anywhere he's talking about left lane. This happens to me time to time in right lane.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,470,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Therads like this remind me of how petty and small minded (at best) some individuals are. If someone wishes to obey the speed limit in ANY lane, why wouldn't you slow down and do the same, realizing that you are breaking a law and not insisting that others do the same for your benefit?

Do you have so little going on in your life that you have to attempt to prove something (hint: it proves just the opposite) by driving at excessive speeds (note: NOT with the flow of traffic if you're passing everyone or having to try to push them out of your way by tailgating) on the public roadways?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 PM

794 posts, read 821,590 times
Quote:
Therads like this remind me of how petty and small minded (at best) some individuals are. If someone wishes to obey the speed limit in ANY lane, why wouldn't you slow down and do the same, realizing that you are breaking a law and not insisting that others do the same for your benefit?

Do you have so little going on in your life that you have to attempt to prove something (hint: it proves just the opposite) by driving at excessive speeds (note: NOT with the flow of traffic if you're passing everyone or having to try to push them out of your way by tailgating) on the public roadways?
Threads like this remind me of Delores Claiborne and people like her... ^

Old 05-24-2014, 09:22 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,862,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Let's think about this for a minute. So, what if this person riding your ass is trying to get somewhere important, like a hospital because a relative was just admitted. What if their child had an accident at school? There are numerous emergency situations that can come up but your self centered self can't look past your own thought.

You automatically assume that he or she is being a pr!ck because you are doing the speed limit and their are on your @ss. How about doing the courteous thing and move over so they can pass.
Agreed! Just get the heck out of the way!

Old 05-24-2014, 11:35 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,414,120 times
So, what if this person riding your ass is trying to get somewhere important, like a hospital because a relative was just admitted. What if their child had an accident at school?

what are the odd of this happening, one in a thousand, or more like one in ten thousand, but every third car is riding your azz.

is it because there in no law enforcement and they can get away with it. what ever happen to just sit back and cruise, listen to the radio, enjoy the ride.

i wish they would lower he speed limit back to 55, then maybe everybody would settle on 75 instead of 105

Old 05-25-2014, 01:29 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,423,162 times
Quote:

I have a suggestion. Get on I-35 going north. Find a vehicle going exactly the posted speed limit in the right lane. Move over to the left lane and drive right next to that vehicle and let the traffic stack up behind you without changing speed and without moving over and do so until you come upon a State Trooper and see what happens.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:38 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,433,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
The part that confuses me is when I'm in the slow lane, going the speed limit and I still get tailgated when there is room to pass.
It's easier to be a bully in the slow lane. Bully's are cowards.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:08 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,842,358 times
I suppose I'm old, but I'm not a big fan of flying down the Interstate like I see some people do. I call this " Wanting to be first in line."

Several years ago we had a 26 ft. travel trailer, and was traveling somewhere in New Mexico. There was road construction which funneled the lane I was in down to one with a concrete wall on my left, and cones on the right with the speed limit dropping to 40 mph. There was a fella in a red sports car that rode my tail for about 1/4 mile so close that I could barely see the front of his car. I could go no where, but still he pushed me. Finally, the construction ended, and I aimed for the middle lane of the 3 lane highway. The red sports car tore around me, and literally disappeared around the bend in the road. Probably 2 minutes later we saw a cloud of dust ahead and to the right. As we rounded the bend the car was completing a roll, and ending upright on it's wheels. I couldn't get across the freeway quick enough to see if the driver needed help, but probably 10 people had pulled off already to help. The car looked like it must have rolled many times, and the driver was sitting upright, but I couldn't tell if he was alive or dead.

I just thought to relate this story because I wonder if sometimes drivers forget they are in control of a machine that weighs several tons, and can do horrific damage to themselves and others if not controlled properly? Granted, there are certainly instances where time is of the utmost, and speed becomes necessary, but in day to day living, for me, I would rather leave earlier, and drive slower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive