Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 08:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
If someone wants to pass me, I move over. It doesn't matter what lane I'm in or how fast I'm going, bottom line. I won't pull onto the shoulder, however. That's just not safe.
Exactly. You never know. They could be someone who just robbed a bank with a gun, someone who just found out a loved one was in an accident and they are racing to the hospital, someone with a sick child, etc.

I'm not going to judge someone's reasoning for wanting to get around me.

I pull over.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,922 times
I dont know. Because they're A-Holes I guess (assuming it's a two lane highway, one in each direction and poor sight distance wont allow for passing)

Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,530 times
I had some lunatic swerving all over the lane behind me a few days ago. Tailgating me and revving his engine. At one point I thought he was going to try to pass me from behind on the shoulder. As soon as I could safely get over, I pulled off the road and let him go by. Who knows why he was acting like an idiot. I just didn't want him behind me.

That's the answer to the OP's question. It doesn't matter why they ride your bumper. Just get out of their way and let them go bother someone else.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Let's think about this for a minute. So, what if this person riding your ass is trying to get somewhere important, like a hospital because a relative was just admitted. What if their child had an accident at school? There are numerous emergency situations that can come up but your self centered self can't look past your own thought
If someone has an emergency and is using their 4 way flashers I would attempt to safely get out of their way.

You automatically assume that he or she is being a pr!ck because you are doing the speed limit and their are on your @ss. How about doing the courteous thing and move over so they can pass.
Where I live there are a lot of 2 lane roads there is no way to pull over and let the entitled person pass.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Bad depth perception or they are just rude.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:26 PM

3,322 posts, read 2,134,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
In case anyone didnt notice the LIMIT is the LIMIT not a suggestion. Why do people ride peoples *** that do the limit? I am not going to risk getting a ticket just because YOU didnt leave 5 minutes earlier for your crappy job.
It's rare that my bumper's the one being ridden, however, it does bother me under the following circumstances:
  • Residential areas.
  • At night, with high beams on.
  • The police doing it. After all, they're also in violation of Title XXIII 316.0895 just like the rest of us.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:03 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Why do people ride your bumper when you are going the speed limit?

Probably because you're not going with the flow of traffic.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,335 times
If I'm in the slower lane and someone rides by bumper, I will not go the speed limit. Maybe a couple of mph under. They can either pass me or stay where they are. I will not tap my brakes or do anything that will cause an accident but I'm 70 years old and never in a hurry. The way I look at it, I've got the rest of my life to get to where I'm going.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:50 AM

513 posts, read 799,005 times
Idea: MOVE OVER!

There is nothing more aggravating then two idiots driving the exact same speed next to each other. If you are driving the same speed as the guy in the right lane then why not drive in the right lane also..? Why must you drive directly next to him making it impossible for others to pass in the left lane (which is what it is for). So no, no sympathy. Follow the rules of the road and move to the right lane then you won't get people on your bumper.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:20 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
If I'm in the slower lane and someone rides by bumper, I will not go the speed limit. Maybe a couple of mph under. They can either pass me or stay where they are. I will not tap my brakes or do anything that will cause an accident but I'm 70 years old and never in a hurry. The way I look at it, I've got the rest of my life to get to where I'm going.
I understand what you are saying. But the way some of these idiots tailgate I wonder how much life I have left. Some times I am afraid to stop when I see a traffic light changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive