Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 05:57 PM

2,175 posts, read 3,619,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
His car was low. It goes high when he punches the gas. I have watched dirt racing before. I have never seen someone slide at low speed.

TS punched it to take this kid out. He murdered Ward Jr.
I drove a dirt track car for 12 years on a weekly basis. I frequently slid at low speed -- and pretty much anytime I tried to stop suddenly or make a sudden manouevre. Granted I never had a sprint car. A sprint car wing enhances the tires "bite" to the track. Aerodynamic effect (wing) is based on air speed squared. For this reason the whole car is set up for optimum handling at racing speeds, not caution speeds.

Don in Austin

Old 08-16-2014, 06:02 PM

2,175 posts, read 3,619,234 times
Quote:
He is an angry man. I have no doubt that he could murder someone in the heat of passion.
There was absolutely nothing to provoke that kind of passion, he wasn't wrecked, he's going around the track waiting for it go green so he can go back to racing.
Quote:
I doubt that he will do any time though our justice system is corrupt and multimillionaires like him are unaccountable. His fans will bend over backwards to not believe it even when it has been recorded on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VseH8mZCksc

Old 08-16-2014, 06:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 4,002,597 times
I find it strange that people believe that this young man's death was anything but an accident. I watched several videos and yes, other drivers avoided hitting him. It looked like the deceased was focused on finding Stewart's car. Even seemed to move towards his car before impact. It was extremely dark and it looked like he got clipped. Messed up, but he was pointing and walked right into the path of the vehicle. Horrifying to watch. I know about Stewart's reputation, but think in this case he was not at fault. Dude jumped out into traffic like a deer. Swerving to avoid him may have caused much more damage and could have caused a multiple car crash.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:01 PM

204 posts, read 185,911 times
I have lived in the country. There were a lot of dirt roads where I used to live. I never slide around when I hit the breaks. Thing is in the video Stewart is not breaking. He is powering through. He does not begin to slide until after he hits Ward. He did not even have the common dignity to stop. He just kept going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
I drove a dirt track car for 12 years on a weekly basis. I frequently slid at low speed -- and pretty much anytime I tried to stop suddenly or make a sudden manouevre. Granted I never had a sprint car. A sprint car wing enhances the tires "bite" to the track. Aerodynamic effect (wing) is based on air speed squared. For this reason the whole car is set up for optimum handling at racing speeds, not caution speeds.

Don in Austin

Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM

15,462 posts, read 25,913,153 times
Quote:
I entered my response in the body the quote:
Quote:
They were under a caution flag that's not racing. Are you always this passive aggressive? How about putting a mannequin out on the track to test the claim?
Can't stand behind your claims? The mannequin can't run/walk of move to recreate the scene properly.

Quote:

I do not make the claim that every driver could see Ward. That's your Strawman. Other drivers drive around Ward. You can't do that if you cannot see him.
Okay, so you didn't say every driver saw him, but you know for a fact TS did? how?

Quote:
This is where he enters the frame of the video. You know there is no prior frame nor is one needed. You obviously do not know how to connect two points. All you have to do is look at where the car was and where it ended up. That tells you the direction it's going.
Two points is not sufficient to prove your assertion. You need the third point to prove it.

Quote:
Ward was moving to his left in an attempt to jump out of the way of Stewart's car. If he had not, he would have been struck dead center by Stewart.
He would not have needed to jump out of the way if he didn't put himself in the path of the car in the first place. He put himself in danger. TS did not put Ward where he was.

Quote:
Stewart steers into Ward it is clear as day. It's 2nd Degree Murder.
Still insufficient evidence.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:19 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,489,576 times
Quote:
I have lived in the country. There were a lot of dirt roads where I used to live. I never slide around when I hit the breaks. Thing is in the video Stewart is not breaking. He is powering through. He does not begin to slide until after he hits Ward. He did not even have the common dignity to stop. He just kept going.
Oh so you own a dirt track sprint car? Or are you stupidly assuming your car is the same as a high powered race car that is controlled and steered by the throttle? Holy crap your posts are unbelievable. Tony stopped farther down the track once he was out of harms way. Do some research about these cars before making any more idiotic comments

Old 08-16-2014, 07:24 PM

My Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Can't stand behind your claims? The mannequin can't run/walk of move to recreate the scene properly.

LMAOROTF Your "point" is irrelevant. I am not suicidal I would not let someone purposefully steer their car into me like Stewart did to Ward.

Okay, so you didn't say every driver saw him, but you know for a fact TS did? how?

If other drivers could see him. It is highly unlikely Stewart could not.

Two points is not sufficient to prove your assertion. You need the third point to prove it.

Where did you learn your physics from? You only need two points to determine the direction an object is going. Here is a little refresher for you. Magnitude and Direction of Vectors

He would not have needed to jump out of the way if he didn't put himself in the path of the car in the first place. He put himself in danger. TS did not put Ward where he was.

It is amazing how 45 steered around Ward. Stewart aimed his car at Ward. He hit the gas and ran him over.

Still insufficient evidence.

Stewart is guilty of 2nd Degree Murder.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
oh so now you are an expert because you have driven on dirt roads before? well i have over a million miles of driving under my belt, including dirt roads, snow covered roads, ice covered roads, driving through a cat one hurricane, and near white out fog conditions across the country, as well as time soent on the race tracks. i can tell you that the dirt roads you drove on were NOT prepared dirt racing style where they are watered down heavily before you drove on them so that the top layer was really mud. i am also sure that the dirt roads you drove on were hard packed after years of people driving on them to the point where they had nearly as much traction as asphalt roads do.

so again, you pitiful driving experience does not translate to dirt track racing experience, mr "expert".

as i said before please stop embarrassing yourself on subject of which you have NO KNOWLEDGE of. watching a dirt race on TV is not the same as actually being there regardless of how good the coverage is.

as for the original video shown, the only thing i have ever seen is tony trying to avoid hitting ward with the side of his race car by kicking the rear end to the LEFT AWAY FROM ward, unfortunately ward was too close to the car.

if you would get the hatred you have for tony stewart out of the equation, then perhaps you could see things more clearly, but it is obvious that you cant do that.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Don's claim was he slide around a lot when he drove on a dirt track at low speed. I gave him the counter example that I did not in my vehicle when driving on dirt roads. Where I come from PHYSICS is the same everywhere in the universe. Apparently a dirt track is some sort of magical place where the laws of the universe are suspended. The power of the Sprint Car does not matter when it is going 40 mph. It is not going to slide anymore than my car on a dirt road. I suggest you take a refresher course in physics before you start calling people names like idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
Oh so you own a dirt track sprint car? Or are you stupidly assuming your car is the same as a high powered race car that is controlled and steered by the throttle? Holy crap your posts are unbelievable. Tony stopped farther down the track once he was out of harms way. Do some research about these cars before making any more idiotic comments

Old 08-16-2014, 07:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
Don's claim was he slide around a lot when he drove on a dirt track at low speed. I gave him the counter example that I did not in my vehicle when driving on dirt roads. Where I come from PHYSICS is the same everywhere in the universe. Apparently a dirt track is some sort of magical place where the laws of the universe are suspended. The power of the Sprint Car does not matter when it is going 40 mph. It is not going to slide anymore than my car on a dirt road. I suggest you take a refresher course in physics before you start calling people names like idiot.
no you need to drive a sprint car on a dirt track that is prepared for racing, rather than try and equate your pitiful experience of driving on a dirt road to dirt track racing, even at pace lap speeds. a properly prepared dirt race track is hard to walk on let alone drive on because the first 4-6 inches is a very slimy mud surface. again since you have no experience dirt track racing you would not know that, so you have no clue about which you speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive