Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 04:10 AM

204 posts, read 185,115 times

Advertisements

Hey why did god invent NASCAR? So, hillbillies would get off their sisters.

Yes, I do believe that the facts that are known about Stewart from media reports, interviews, etc and the video of the crash are enough evidence to reasonably conclude that Tony Stewart. You do not have to know everything that happened to be able to conclude that either. We have enough evidence to do it. It might not be enough to convict him in a court of law. But, it is a reasonable conclusion that one can hold. There is nothing grandiose about it.

Reflectors will pick up ambient light. If you have ever been jogging at night in the city. The joggers reflective clothing will reflect the light of the street lights above. Tony should have been able to see him.

Of course Stewart supporters like yourself are going to try and omit all culpability on his part by arguing he could not see Ward. That story does not make sense. Because some of the other drivers could see Ward. And the people in the stands could see him also. How can the lighting be the problem when those two things are true? This is an absurd claim on the part of Stewart supporters. If Tony is going to make the claim that he could not see Ward, he needs to explain why other drivers and the audience could. The audience could clearly see what happened. You hear the screams of a woman when Stewart murders Ward. So, even if the black suit was not a problem.

The problem with TS's argument is that he is claiming to be incompetent. When he was the best driver at the track. It is absurd.

But, then again who knows? It is not like he is an F1 driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? you dont claim to know fully what happened, and yet you are devout in your stance that tony committed murder? you make claims that dont make sense, take the stripes on wards uniform, yes they do tend to reflect light, but at what angles? and is a thin stripe really enough to easily pick someone out of a dark background? especially when the rest of the fire suit is black? and again you say there is no proof that stewart had mud on his visor, but you forget that the track was in fact muddy, because that is how the track is prepared, and you are also ignoring the fact that the cars have no windshields, because of the mud. it would be virtually impossible to have windshield wipers for these cars, they would clog up quickly and be useless.

so you make grandiose claims that stewart committed murder, and then try to tell people with real world experience that we are full of crap, and now you are claiming that you dont know what happened? are you bipolar?

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-17-2014 at 04:29 AM..

Old 08-17-2014, 04:35 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,638 times
So you actually believe he murdered the guy in front of hundreds of witnesses? What was his motive? Not to be rude but glad I am not in a jury room with you, we would be stuck there for months.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:13 AM

This was 2nd Degree murder. TS goes into a rage when he sees the kid taunting him. So, he runs the boy down.

Tony Stewart is not sitting behind bars right now. Because he is a multimillionaire and Sheriff Povero is corrupt as they come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
So you actually believe he murdered the guy in front of hundreds of witnesses? What was his motive? Not to be rude but glad I am not in a jury room with you, we would be stuck there for months.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,602,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinoza 1454 View Post
You obviously know how to dazzle someone with bull****. None of this **** matters. We are talking about a vehicle that is moving around 40 MPH. I am sure when the murderer has to defend himself in court. Some expert will pull this bull**** but anyone with a few years of college physics will see right through you.
In other words, you have no understanding of any of the factors I brought up.

You can believe it or not, but this is not an issue of college physics: "Have you ever glanced down at your oil pressure and temperature gauges while under caution and then almost crapped your pants because you nearly ran down a brain-dead official who picked a very bad poorly lit spot on the edge of the track to stand while correcting lineup for the restart?" And he was stationary, not walking further and further into traffic. This was at Texas Dirt Speedway in San Antonio around 1999. I saw him and avoided him but it was a very close call and shook me up badly. Several drivers, myself included, told him the way he was trying to reline the cars almost got him killed. This was at a 1/4 mile oval track and I was driving an entry level "pure stock" class car with no wing obstructing my vision. As you may or may not know, race cars do not have speedometers, but I doubt my speed under caution was nearly as fast as that of a sprint car under caution at Canandaigua -- 1/2 mile oval.

Don in Austin

Old 08-17-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
TS goes into a rage when he sees the kid taunting him. So, he runs the boy down
He didn't have time to go into a rage.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:55 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,265,595 times
Quote:
This was 2nd Degree murder. TS goes into a rage when he sees the kid taunting him. So, he runs the boy down.
A more plausible explanation is "internet loudmouth with an agenda is completely impervious to reason or input from those who have a substantially greater subject-matter expertise than he does."

Quote:
Tony Stewart is not sitting behind bars right now. Because he is a multimillionaire and Sheriff Povero is corrupt as they come.
That's a very serious matter. I'd suggest you stop flapping your gums via your keyboard and bring your evidence and findings of corruption to the New York Attorney General's office. Justice is counting on you my friend!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:10 AM

Yes, the touted anonymous internet experts. I bet you trust the credentials of the supposed experts here so much that you don't even go to the doctor anymore. You just get all of your medical advice from City-Data.

If you are going to tout your credentials then I suggest you drop your anonymity and pony up your real name. I won't believe that anyone is a true expert unless that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A more plausible explanation is "internet loudmouth with an agenda is completely impervious to reason or input from those who have a substantially greater subject-matter expertise than he does."

That's a very serious matter. I'd suggest you stop flapping your gums via your keyboard and bring your evidence and findings of corruption to the New York Attorney General's office. Justice is counting on you my friend!

Last edited by Spinoza 1454; 08-17-2014 at 06:19 AM..

Old 08-17-2014, 06:13 AM

You are married. You are in your bedroom having sex with another man. Your husband walks in goes into a rage, grabs a gun from his dresser and guns down your lover. Rage can happen that fast. Tony had enough time to go into a rage.
Quote:
He didn't have time to go into a rage.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
You are married. You are in your bedroom having sex with another man. Your husband walks in goes into a rage, grabs a gun from his dresser and guns down your lover. Rage can happen that fast. Tony had enough time to go into a rage.
How fast was his car going? He was also behind another car when he sees some nut out in the middle of the dark track. He had no time to figure out who, why, and experience rage. Bewilderment would have come way before rage. Enlightenment would have taken some time, there was no time left for rage.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:39 AM

The car has been estimated to be going around 35 mph. But, lets not go down this road. You are arguing that Tony Stewart was an incompetent driver. Don't you see the absurdity of that? He the best driver on the track that night. Yet, when it comes to making excuses about why people should not believe he murdered this kid, TS claims I was incompetent. Does that make sense to you? Think about this.
Quote:
How fast was his car going? He was also behind another car when he sees some nut out in the middle of the dark track. He had no time to figure out who, why, and experience rage. Bewilderment would have come way before rage. Enlightenment would have taken some time, there was no time left for rage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive