Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
American car makers have made great strides in recent years on improving build quality and reliability but who builds the best American luxury car today, with the exclusion of Tesla, is it Lincoln or Cadillac.
There is no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 07:14 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
American luxury makes are more popular overseas than here.
Buick is a big deal in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Yeah, and in my original post I said when somebody pulls up next to me in a CTS ... I never said CTS-V. Can you not read?

Lincoln does not make a competitor for the CTS-V... it is ridiculous to compare cars outside of their classes. Of course, that is what you need to do to make that argument...
Lincoln doesn't even have a sports sedan to compete with the ATS or the CTS.....much less the V sport or V versions or the upcoming CT6. All of their cars are front drive, and all are based on mainstream Fords.

Cadillac has been miles ahead of Lincoln since they started designing them for the Nürburgring. I'd cringe to see a Taurus on a road with any curves. Lincoln has no sports sedans nor rear wheel drive cars anymore.

Buick LaCrosse vs Lincoln Taurus is a good matchup. I am pretty sure the LaCrosse is the best seller here. The Buick Regal vs Lincoln Fusion is a good matchup. The Lincoln MKT and Edge would compare well with a Buick Enclave.

I think Buick and Lincoln's buyers are similar. They are both more about isolation vs performance. Buick has been getting a lot of investment from GM for a while now. As a result, their sales are very good and their cars have a great reputation. Lincoln's turnaround is really just beginning. It appears that they are aiming for Buick, Acura, and to a lesser extent Volvo.

I am still disappointed Lincoln pulled the plug on the LS but kept the Town Car around for so long. That LS was a good looking car. I think the Lincoln brand has rudderless until recently. It's almost like Ford didn't want it.

Last edited by tigerphan; 10-03-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Old 10-04-2014, 09:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Cadillac.

But if I have to pass a Lexus or BMW dealership to get one, guess what? It ain't happenin'.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
Buick is a big deal in China.

Lincoln doesn't even have a sports sedan to compete with the ATS or the CTS.....much less the V sport or V versions or the upcoming CT6. All of their cars are front drive, and all are based on mainstream Fords.

Cadillac has been miles ahead of Lincoln since they started designing them for the Nürburgring. I'd cringe to see a Taurus on a road with any curves. Lincoln has no sports sedans nor rear wheel drive cars anymore.

Buick LaCrosse vs Lincoln Taurus is a good matchup. I am pretty sure the LaCrosse is the best seller here. The Buick Regal vs Lincoln Fusion is a good matchup. The Lincoln MKT and Edge would compare well with a Buick Enclave.

I think Buick and Lincoln's buyers are similar. They are both more about isolation vs performance. Buick has been getting a lot of investment from GM for a while now. As a result, their sales are very good and their cars have a great reputation. Lincoln's turnaround is really just beginning. It appears that they are aiming for Buick, Acura, and to a lesser extent Volvo.

I am still disappointed Lincoln pulled the plug on the LS but kept the Town Car around for so long. That LS was a good looking car. I think the Lincoln brand has rudderless until recently. It's almost like Ford didn't want it.
The Lincoln LS models were horribly unreliable.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:04 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,995 times
Quote:
The Lincoln LS models were horribly unreliable.
It's a Ford product. Manage your expectations.

I liked the styling, proportions, and the rear wheel drive chassis. I think they should have built on it's popularity with a redesign instead of pulling the plug. I think it shared a lot of parts with the Thunderbird, which wasn't meeting sales expectations.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
It's a Ford product. Manage your expectations.

I liked the styling, proportions, and the rear wheel drive chassis. I think they should have built on it's popularity with a redesign instead of pulling the plug. I think it shared a lot of parts with the Thunderbird, which wasn't meeting sales expectations.
I also liked the RWD platform and the styling but why couldn't it be more reliable even if it was a Ford product. The Ford F 150's as well as other models are reliable.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,392,303 times
Quote:
I also liked the RWD platform and the styling but why couldn't it be more reliable even if it was a Ford product. The Ford F 150's as well as other models are reliable.
It was a Jaguar under the skin which might explain the reliability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive