Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

1. When that light above your the road in front of you turns green that means it's time to go, NOT sit there & continue to ignore what's going on around OR keep checking your Facebook status! Just a reminder it's the pedal on your RIGHT!

2. Stay with me on this one I know it's hard.
When you approach the end of the on ramp you SHOULD BE MATCHING THE SPEED OF THE CARS ON THE INTERSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all carry on & have a nice day.

I thought since some were venting I would chime in on my two cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 09:14 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
1. When that light above your the road in front of you turns green that means it's time to go, NOT sit there & continue to ignore what's going on around OR keep checking your Facebook status! Just a reminder it's the pedal on your RIGHT!
thats what horns are for, to remind the idiots that they need to pay attention to their driving.

Quote:
2. Stay with me on this one I know it's hard.
When you approach the end of the one ramp you SHOULD BE MATCHING THE SPEED OF THE CARS ON THE INTERSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE ELSE THAT GETS IT!!!!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
thats what horns are for, to remind the idiots that they need to pay attention to their driving.

I guess they think they don't have to pay attention because the car is not moving.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:18 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
lol we are all on a ***** fest today...it must be the aggressive holiday drivers.

Its funny about the ignoring the green. I have been guilty of it at times, and really don't mind a toot from a horn. But sometimes its like the SECOND it turns green...and then its usually more then a toot.

But my old van, it wouldn't toot. No one thought I was being helpful. It was an angry sounding horn. Now the horn I have now makes a helpful toot.

And issue #2, make sure you are expecting them to match the speed of the lane they are entering. I have seen people mad at me because they want me going 70 when the lane I am entering is going 50. Its safest to enter at the speed of the lane you will be first entering and im a safety girl.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

And issue #2, make sure you are expecting them to match the speed of the lane they are entering. I have seen people mad at me because they want me going 70 when the lane I am entering is going 50. Its safest to enter at the speed of the lane you will be first entering and im a safety girl.

Whatever the speed of the cars on the interstate is what you should be doing when your getting ready to merge. Yes, maybe it's the holiday driving rant!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:45 AM

Crap I got one more...

WHEN YOU ARE COMING UP ON A SIGN THAT SAYS LANE CLOSED YOU DON'T WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE! YOUR THE IDIOT THAT ENDS UP HOLDING UP TRAFFIC BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS TO SLAM IN THIER BREAKS BECAUSE YOUR AN ARSE!

Thank you for your time.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:47 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,851,427 times
I see your point but a reminding toot aimed at me usually means I slooowely touch the excellerater as I ease ahead. I'm not saying I never have the occasional moment where my eyes aren't on the light the instant it changes but a reminding toot usually comes the moment the light turns green. Personally I am going to wait until I know the intersection is clear and that any crossing traffic is actually going to stop before I proceed! If there is a van or lg truck next to me I'll wait a tad longer, until I personally can see. So toot away!

As far as the on ramp, I agree. One thing that gets me, and I can usually call them out before it happens on the approach to an on ramp (if I am entering a highway) is the impatient a-hole who rushes up on your tail and as soon as possible merges into the traffic so he can get ahead. I'll get up to speed on the ramp, have been adjusting to my chosen clearing upon approach, looking ahead, double checking before merge, look ahead one, more quick check as I blend in and WHAAAT! That a-hole who was behind me is now racing up beside me and my merge lane is ending. F-ing impatient bastard!!!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Oh, sure, when the light turns green just jump right out there!
IF you are STUPID!
There is a good chance there will be a light runner who just HAS to get through that light, even though it just turned red!
I got whacked by one of them a couple weeks ago. My light turned green, I made my turn, and WHAM, he bounced off my right front and just kept going!
That one second I wait to be sure nobody runs the light won't make YOU very late for whatever you think is so important! If it does, perhaps YOU should have started a minute or 5 earlier! Think about this: If you HAD started your trip a little earlier, you would be in front of me, not behind me!

As for MERGING from an on ramp, I agree.
But, by the same token, when LEAVING the highway, the posted ramp speed is the speed for the ramp, not the speed you have to slow to before taking the ramp!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:55 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Crap I got one more...

WHEN YOU ARE COMING UP ON A SIGN THAT SAYS LANE CLOSED YOU DON'T WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE! YOUR THE IDIOT THAT ENDS UP HOLDING UP TRAFFIC BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS TO SLAM IN THIER BREAKS BECAUSE YOUR AN ARSE!

Thank you for your time.
What, you expect people to pay attention to what is going on 1/4 to 1/2 a mile (or more) ahead?
Don't be silly. Too many people can't keep track of what is happening 100 feet in front of their car!

Besides, think about this: Is it the idiot that is in the closed lane that is holding up traffic, or the fool in the travel lane who is being "courteous" to the idiot by slowing or stopping to let him in that is REALLY holding up traffic?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What, you expect people to pay attention to what is going on 1/4 to 1/2 a mile (or more) ahead?
Don't be silly. Too many people can't keep track of what is happening 100 feet in front of their car!

Besides, think about this: Is it the idiot that is in the closed lane that is holding up traffic, or the fool in the travel lane who is being "courteous" to the idiot by slowing or stopping to let him in that is REALLY holding up traffic?

I guess I expect too much lol. It's both it might be wrong of me but I refuse to let them in sit there for all I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive