Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM

929 posts, read 2,724,186 times

Advertisements

I recall these trucks well. One of the car magazines back then had an article "Double the Double Nickels", yes the fastest vehicle was a Little Red Express. I saw several Warlock Trucks in 4x4 versions around town, Huntsville Alabama back in the late 1970s. Dodge also had an off roader version, A Rod Hall signature truck. It looked like one of his Pre Runner trucks.
One was on eBay a few months ago. Chevy and GMC has step side special trim trucks around also back then that also looked cool.
There was a van type conversion truck company did make a replica Little Red Express out of 1st generation Dakota pick ups. It was early on, before they had V8s. I saw one in Savannah GA a few weeks ago.
The 1978 ( above) version of the Little Red Express I read is the most desirable due to the leaded fuel and vent windows.
Cool trucks, great topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Hey Vannort54 did you build/Assemble the Macho Power Wagon, the Macho Power Wagon Top Hand, Macho Power Wagon Palomino, and the Adventurer versions of the D-series pick-up as well?

The Macho Power Wagon Top Hand is a pretty badass factory built truck wondering if they were built side by side with the Lil red Express?

Last edited by GTOlover; 06-01-2015 at 01:51 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 02:57 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Hey Vannort54 did you build/Assemble the Macho Power Wagon, the Macho Power Wagon Top Hand, Macho Power Wagon Palomino, and the Adventurer versions of the D-series pick-up as well?

The Macho Power Wagon Top Hand is a pretty badass factory built truck wondering if they were built side by side with the Lil red Express?
Yes they were I worked at Chryslers Warren Truck Assembly plant we made every full size pickup including the Ramcharger and Trailduster.wr also made camaflog Power Wagons for the military. There was only one assembly line at the plant at that time. There was 2 other buildings next to the main plant I worked in the KDX building we assembled the truck frames for all the trucks. The other building was called the compact factory they made the van Full size vans for the recreational RV industry like the Transvan.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Yes they were I worked at Chryslers Warren Truck Assembly plant we made every full size pickup including the Ramcharger and Trailduster.wr also made camaflog Power Wagons for the military. There was only one assembly line at the plant at that time. There was 2 other buildings next to the main plant I worked in the KDX building we assembled the truck frames for all the trucks. The other building was called the compact factory they made the van Full size vans for the recreational RV industry like the Transvan.
Nice do not see many Plymouth Traildusters in Relation to RamChargers even though they are pretty much the same vehicle the Trailduster is kind of a Rare Beast esp. today built back when SUV's were SUV's.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
I ordered a 1980 Dodge pickup truck.

One option was the 8 foot stepside bed with oak planks on bed.
A very rare truck even at that time.

Anyone know why all of the earlier stepside trucks had a wood deck?

Old 06-01-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
I ordered a 1980 Dodge pickup truck.

One option was the 8 foot stepside bed with oak planks on bed.
A very rare truck even at that time.

Anyone know why all of the earlier stepside trucks had a wood deck?
I think it just for looks like the old woody wagons IMO.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Nice do not see many Plymouth Traildusters in Relation to RamChargers even though they are pretty much the same vehicle the Trailduster is kind of a Rare Beast esp. today built back when SUV's were SUV's.
Trailduster same as Ramcharger just different trim. Same as a GMC truck and a silverado same truck different trim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive