Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,346,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Can't believe more people haven't recommended the Ford Ranger, especially the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder....bulletproof. Had one of them and you can't kill it.
yeah the ranger is one good truck it's simple I hope ford does not screw with it when they bring it's replacment out but then again the truck that has my eye is the ford svt raptor that would make gravel roads fun cause who does not want a truck that has 13 inchs of suspension travel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 02:45 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,205,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the ridgeline is a unibody so it is not a capable as a full framed truck and they don't have a real 4wd system the use all wheel drive and there is no low range but then again if you need 4-lo you are not going to be on paved or gravel roads chances are you will be deep in the woods or stuck in a mud pit
This thread is about a "small pickup truck" so that already says the OP doesn't need a full framed truck.

The Ridgeline has a reinforced unibody. It is not simply a rebodied Honda Pilot like some believe.

It is rated to tow 5000 lbs. It tows as much as a V8 Sport Trac but rides better and gets better mileage. I have towed a 22.5 ft. Mastercraft boat on double axle trailer with my Ridgeline. I would never claim it tows as well as our F250 V10 did, but the Ridgeline was more than adequate for what I need.

You are correct that it doesn't have a low range. But it is an excellent all weather vehicle with the full time AWD. It seamlessly transfers power to the rear as needed and it can be locked in 4WD in 1st and 2nd gear.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:33 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,287,270 times
90+% of 4WD's will never be put in low range.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,346,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
This thread is about a "small pickup truck" so that already says the OP doesn't need a full framed truck.

The Ridgeline has a reinforced unibody. It is not simply a rebodied Honda Pilot like some believe.

It is rated to tow 5000 lbs. It tows as much as a V8 Sport Trac but rides better and gets better mileage. I have towed a 22.5 ft. Mastercraft boat on double axle trailer with my Ridgeline. I would never claim it tows as well as our F250 V10 did, but the Ridgeline was more than adequate for what I need.

You are correct that it doesn't have a low range. But it is an excellent all weather vehicle with the full time AWD. It seamlessly transfers power to the rear as needed and it can be locked in 4WD in 1st and 2nd gear.
yeah the honda has the edge in day to day use for most people I see alot of toyota's with the TRD off road package and nice rims and tires but they look like they never left the pavement sam with alot of harley edition F250's people put on expensive set of 20" rims the throw on a set of mud tires

Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 22,878 times
Default Dispute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah the honda has the edge in day to day use for most people I see alot of toyota's with the TRD off road package and nice rims and tires but they look like they never left the pavement sam with alot of harley edition F250's people put on expensive set of 20" rims the throw on a set of mud tires
Hello, I make this coment in defense of my 2002 TRD. I drive my TRD all the time, in a great variety of situations. As a matter of fact my TRD is now stuck up on Glade Park CO. as I was trying to get up to my cabin, I mean its stuck BAD like front end down in the arroy'o,The back end isn't even touching the make shift sand stone road. It't really not the trucks fault. I knew better but I had to try. You know how that goes?? Any way even with chains err!! excuse me cables and six 60# sand bags in the back we still got "STUCK" I hate them cables theay must of been made for city folks.

Well now I know there an't no hope until spring because "Silver" is nose deep in three feet of "Colorado Powder", Lucky for me I still have two other truck I can drive. My 1984 Long Bed Toyota 4w/d (by the way my favorite truck) and my ( I wish I could buy some new tires for "Blackie" the 96 Dodge Dakota 4/wd).

Pavement TRD??? no way!!!! Remind me to tell you the story about how I accidently caved in my door and broke off my mirror. How did I get unstuck?? and get home?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,170,341 times
Let me echo some of the previous comments about the Ford Ranger.

You will be amazed how long the motor will last, its a solid little truck.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
No, I'm more of a pick up truck guy.

have you looked into a toyota pickup they are dependable little trucks.
([url=http://www.ultimatehigh4x4.blogspot.com]Ultimate High 4x4[/url])

Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
I need help here! I've had to replace two small trucks because of salt water corrosion. After five and a half years I'm already having to replace my Nissan Frontier 4 wheel drive diesel. The saltwater just completely ate it up. I live on an island and my road is just a beach road. In Panama we can't get any American parts. The truck I had before that was a Ford and it was impossible to get parts. So now I'm having to replace this Nissan and my mechanic is telling me do not get an American car so I'm looking to go with a foreign truck again. So which small truck do I go with? I really don't want to be replacing a truck every 5 years again and frankly I really can't afford to do that. So I'm looking to buy it in the United States and get it undercoated and then ship it. But I really need 4 wheel drive and diesel because of the road that I live on is strictly Beach Road. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive