Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 07:02 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times

Advertisements

Just came home and was partially blinded by a full size truck. It isn't foggy outside and he had his fog lights on. Did you know the fog lights on moder trucks are the height level as car headlights? Combine that with the truck's headlights, at my windshield level, and you get blinded. This was on a dark country road. On brightly lit city streets my eyes would be adjusted enough that I would t be blinded. My eyes were fully adjusted to the dark road when this monster crossed paths with me. I too have fog lights but they weren't on because it is t foggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 07:31 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
It's a typical thing. First guys lift trucks and then they do not re aim the headlights. They put brighter bulbs thinking it will help. They still do not realm headlights.
Btw fog/driving lights on most trucks are a joke. They are there for looks mainly
My F350 headlights are about as useful as boobies on a bull. I think the light output rivals a Model T with the Model T being slightly brighter. I'm looking at installing some LED bulbs. I dint wanna do HID

Old 09-28-2016, 07:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
The only way to solve that problem is for all vehicles to be the same size, and that's not going to happen. Even my Challenger, which is low to the ground will hit some of the smaller car drivers in the face. This morning a pickup behind me with HIDs was hitting my side mirror in a distracting manner, so I changed lanes. Some of those aftermarket "fog" lights are actually illegal to use on the highway and are marked "for off road use only" at the parts store, but the drivers are unlikely to be stopped for it.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:13 AM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Wait until you get hit by a light bar installed on a front bumper, which is about your eye level in pass car. THAT is BLINDING. I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive