Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 05:55 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclasser View Post
Not a fan of the CVT and Nissan's below average reliability.

Nissan's are great vehicles! We've had 3 with NO issues. Ran perfect and had for well over 100k miles. 2 Nissan Frontiers and 1 Sentra. However, we never had a Rogue. I personally think their too small. I like the Nissan Pathfinder (which is a lot bigger than a Rogue) but I currently have a Mitsubishi Outlander and LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 06:00 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Why?
Because it's a piece of junk.
CVT trans is a joke. Underpowered and not reliable. I've seen many of them traded in where I work, with very low miles.
When you start seeing a lot of a certain car in the used car lots where "no credit is needed", and "we finance here" places, there is a reason for it. I'd put a CRV or a Rav 4 up against this turd any day.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:04 PM

604 posts, read 653,134 times
Up to when Renault got most share on Nissan it used to be decent car - best sporty sedans between the other 2 Japanese vehicles (had 2 old Maxima and one Infinity).
After that it went downhill quality and performance wise (had an awful new Quest and terrible new Altima).

Although I had issues with Toyota and Honda in the past, I would still consider them before Nissan nowadays.
But no car of mine will have CVT transmission, don't care who makes it.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:36 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post
As someone who owned one of the "bad year" models of the RAV4, I found my Toyota to be a complete money pit and honestly after I started seeing all the recalls on toyotas I started to wonder how they have the reputation they do.

I feel I got unlucky in the sense that I grabbed a bad year for that model but I've known people who bought into the Toyota hype and wound up disappointed.
I've owned five Toyotas. None of them gave me any trouble. The only recall I've gotten is over the airbags, but lots of makes have the same recall.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:26 PM

339 posts, read 665,001 times
I realize I shouldn't have made a blanket statement about Toyota. They aren't all bad. Just left a bad taste in my mouth after that experience. Someone told me the reason Toyota has so many recalls is due to the fact that there are so many on the road more people are driving them to report any wrong findings. Where as lesser-known brands don't sell as many so there aren't enough consumers to complain and get a problem notified as a recall

Appreciate the info on the Rogue. Now I can see why people don't really talk much or rave about them

Old 10-16-2016, 08:32 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
The Rogue doesn't get many recommends because it doesn't really do anything exceptionally. Although not worst in class, it is certainly an also ran that has to compete and find sales based on price and not substance.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:50 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,763,578 times
My wife had two Rogues. Zero issues and she liked them quite a bit. I'd recommend one to someone looking for a decent compact SUV without breaking the bank.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:42 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
Mediocre rental grade machinery.
OTOH, the Murano is quite nice. Too bad about that CVT...

Old 10-17-2016, 06:07 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
My wife had two Rogues. Zero issues and she liked them quite a bit. I'd recommend one to someone looking for a decent compact SUV without breaking the bank.
My wife is on her 2nd rogue as well and the only reason we went back is because our local Nissan Dealership is an absolute pleasure to deal with and gives us great lease deals. She uses it mainly to drive to/from work and therefore didnt need anything expensive or extravagant.

With that said, it is indeed a mediocre vehicle. My biggest complaint is the unrefined drive train. Lots of CVT drone and in the winter when the vehicle is cold, it sounds like there's a diesel under the hood until its warmed up. Meanwhile I'm on my second Honda with the first being a 2014 Civic and now a 2016 Accord and I have nothing but praise for both vehicles. I have to say that Honda without a doubt makes the best CVT in the market. Very smooth and quiet.

I had high hopes for the new 2017 Rouge until I read that its coming with the same old tired drivetrain that Nissan has been putting in its Altima and Rogue for over the past 10yrs! Unacceptable. Its loud, underpowered, unrefined and outdated.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:23 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
It's not a real SUV....it's one of those wannabe crossover vehicles. Nissan in general isn't uber popular like Toyota and Honda so why would anyone talk about it? Toyota and Honda ARE the best sellers so they are talked about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive