Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:52 AM

141 posts, read 171,813 times

Advertisements

You should have received a copy of the title application when you bought the car. As long as you have that, you're good to go. Give it a couple more weeks and check it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
In California, you purchase a new vehicle, doesn't matter if it's cash or finance, the dealer holds the paperwork for ten days to make sure everything clears. Even if paying cash, it takes time to make sure the check is good, etc. Lots of scam artists out there that can make a beautiful phony check!!
Your paperwork is in line with all of the other cars that sold that day, so cash doesn't make it any faster.
Once the paperwork is submitted to DMV after a ten day hold (20 days for used vehicle), it can take the DMV, up to four weeks on their part, so not unusual to wait six weeks for title and plates. I know, you already have the plates, doesn't matter...
Temp registration is good up to 90 days.. Hang tight, it's on the way,.....

Old 12-29-2016, 08:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsdlsoap View Post
when I checked the title status online it showes that the most recent title issuance couple of days ago.Does it means that they mailed it?
you should be getting the title in a couple of weeks then. this takes time given the amount of title transfers these people have to do, in addition to all the other stuff they have to do as well, drivers license testing, and all the other things the DMV is responsible for. i think it took four weeks to get my title, and license plate.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 7,112 times
I live in Illinois and had the same problem about 10 years ago. If you have questions about your car title go to Illinois secretary of state police . When I purchased a used car from a car dealership I thought too much time lapsed and contacted them after that I got my car title .

Just google Illinois Secretary of State Police for the closest location to you .

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive