Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:10 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,109,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm a man but I admire successful, smart, business women. I've had "chick magnet" cars before like a 'Vette Stingray T-top 350hp 350cid I bought out of college (in my early life). I currently own an old 4Runner low mileage used for camping but I'm getting too old for camping.

I've had a few accidents in the last several years, just regained my "good driver" status and associated insurance. My 4Runner is still in excellent mechanical shape, maybe <40K on the odo, but some body damage and tires are totally ruined, a chip in the windshield (repairable).

I want a nice sleek car that a smart chick would buy--it's smart, business oriented chicks I want to date. I often admire chicks that think with their brain instead of us guys who think with our... well... 'nuff said. I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels. (Okay the 'Vette was good but I'm retired now, not fresh from college.)

I'm fairly affluent, $30K is not a problem (I'd write a check), might go to vicinity of $40K if it's a smart buy. Considering buying new stock 2016, 2017, or maybe wait until 2018 models come out then either 2017 on sale or 2018 model.

I want all the safety features and convenience features (iPhone integrates with premium sound system), sunroof, good gas mileage, definitely in-dash display w/backup video etc. Integration iPhone to auto's electronics. I think better 6 cyl. because I'd like the kick if I need it, and my 4Runner really kicks (but guzzles gas), but all models of all cars now are more fuel efficient.

I intend to keep the vehicle as I always do: about 10 years. I take care of my cars. I buy seldom, I pay cash, I keep them for a long time.

So 6-cyl, new, sleek, fastback look (DEFINITELY NOT MINI-SUV), safety features, GOOD VISIBILITY from driver's seat (that's my problem with 4Runner, too many blind spots).

Thanks for your replies, I'll fill in more when you give me feedback. Also I am not much in favor of American brands. I lost my faith with my last domestic, my 'Vette. In the end the company let me down, and I've been driving Honda and mostly Toyota since. Had a GMC pick-up I hated, trailer pull vehicle. Not impressed. POS. Should'a had a F-250 then. I have no trailer now, no aspirations to camping or 4x4.

New only, willing to spend $30K maybe up to $40K.

First, stop referring to women as "chicks", this isn't the 60s or 70s.

Most modern women will probably be turned off immediately by your reference.

Second, I would seriously look at the 2017 VW Passat SEL Premium.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,856,519 times
This smart and outdoorsy woman covets a Subaru Crosstrek, preferably in desert sand color. We had a VW with the electrical gremlins a while back, and it was a bad enough car that I'd question the judgement of anyone who buys one these days.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:30 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,109,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
This smart and outdoorsy woman covets a Subaru Crosstrek, preferably in desert sand color. We had a VW with the electrical gremlins a while back, and it was a bad enough car that I'd question the judgement of anyone who buys one these days.
I am interested in the new Atlas but had trepidations because of the "dieselgate" issues. However, since VW is offering a 6 year/72,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, I'm strongly considering giving them a chance to prove themselves.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,136,825 times
Not considering electric or hybrids. I drive only 8,000 miles/year and with a gas sipper or even a 6 cylinder that I don't stomp too much I may be buying gas only every 4 weeks. In fact I buy gas about every 4 weeks just with my V8 4Runner!

My outdoors days are past. My aim now is a purely city car, small and easy to fit in the small parking spaces so often encountered in shopping centers, etc.

Also, the 4Runner had huge blind spots and that is part of the reason my driving record has been bad. Didn't see them. I want something where I can sit in the driver's seat and have EXCELLENT vision of all around me, and warning devices for blind spots. Happily, I just regained my GOOD DRIVER DISCOUNT and now I can afford the insurance on a new car including full coverage. In California that discount is mandated by state law and gets me a 20% discount. I believe I can get another discount by taking a mature driver's course (online) for yet more discount. I also get professional discount (BS degree) and multi-line (homeowners insurance too).

This is part of the reason I am seeking a new car at this time. That and I'm tired of driving a big SUV, and a 10 year old one at that. I want something small and sleek! Maybe a taste of luxury and a lot of safety features too!

I don't know how long I'll keep it, at least 3 years, probably longer, and I'll pay cash. No loan interest for me.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:22 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
"Smart chicks" don't care what you drive. Buy what you like.

Exactly! As long as it's not a rust bucket and runs well I don't care what kind of vehicle a man drives. (Well, I'd rather he not have one of those giant pick-ups as I'm only 5'1" tall.)

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 05-01-2017 at 01:35 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 01:25 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
OP, you're making me laugh. Now I must stuff you in a gym locker.

Please take it personally.

You are freakin' hilarious!

Old 05-01-2017, 02:00 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
Moped.

Barring that, a Chevy Spark.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:32 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,136,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Moped.

Barring that, a Chevy Spark.
Chevy makes a snark? Seems to be a lot of those here!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:37 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not practical, but sleek and fun - Mazda MX-5 Miata with convertible hardtop:
Yeah, but if you fit in it, you're too short for women to want to date you.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:49 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm already on my second 4Runner. I'm not up for a third. I don't need a vehicle this size. I'm retired and want to downsize. I want something small, something sleek.

I'm not interested in what any woman thinks of my choice of car. I'm impressed by the good buying decisions many women make, and I want to be smart like a smart businesswoman would be in picking out my next ride.

I hope my eventual significant other doesn'd care what I drive.
Strange...They aren't particularly smart at buying cars. They buy cars that look cute and give them the right amount of space and/or 4wd.

The smart ones buy Honda's, Toyota's, or Subarus, the dumb ones by VW Jettas.

Look at a Rav4, CRV or Subaru Forrester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive