Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 07:22 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times

Advertisements

I drove 3 vehicles yesterday.....Murano, RX, and a Ford Edge. Murano & Edge were Platinum/Titanium loaded. RX was nicely equipped....about $53k sticker.

I've owned a Lexus in the past, but never a Nissan. My husband has a 2016 Ford Explorer, which we like very much.

Based on my test driving experience, to my surprise, I actually preferred the Murano Platinum to the Lexus RX! I was totally prepared for the Lexus to be far superior. Plus, I drove the Murano first and the salesman at the Nissan dealer was so BAD, so confusing, and even confrontational, that I really really wanted to like the Lexus more bc I couldn't stand the Nissan guy..LOL. But nope. I preferred the ride and also the seats of the Murano over the Lexus. And considering the Murano MSRP was $10k less than the moderately equipped Lexus, I couldn't see myself paying a premium for the Lexus badge.

I drove a CX-9 a few months ago and plan to go back to refresh my memory and see how it feels compared to the Murano. I don't necessarily need that 3rd row seating, however.

The Edge....I really wanted to like best bc it's the lowest price point. but the Murano felt much more luxurious, and was much quieter inside the cabin and that's very important to me.

Was shocked that the Lexus doesn't offer Apple CarPlay. Even the Ford Edge does!

I also plan to drive the new 2018 Volvo XC60 next week. I expect them to be priced similar to the RX for the equip & features I'm looking for.

Thoughts on these, specifically how the Murano stacks up against the luxury & near-luxury models?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 12:37 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Try the Acura RDX. Great deals going on right now and even with the base trim you get lots for your money.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:39 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,903,707 times
My friends mother just bought a Murano Platinum > RX350, because of pretty much the same reasons that you have given. I'd look into depreciation if you plan on selling in ~5 years.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:53 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
I start with the UAW List and go from there. That Hyundai Plant could have been at Karsong

Old 08-20-2018, 06:25 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I start with the UAW List and go from there. That Hyundai Plant could have been at Karsong
What? What dose Hyundai have to do with Nissan and the UAW.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:50 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Try the Acura RDX. Great deals going on right now and even with the base trim you get lots for your money.
I had an RDX for three years and it was flawless. The engine in that year model was the same as in the MDX and it cooked right along. Mileage was superb also. I’m sure I’ll regret selling it .... but not just yet. Lol

Edit to add: we drove the Mazda and a Subaru. The Acura won my personal comparison test hands down and it wasn’t even close. My wife drives a Lexus and I didn’t want a second vehicle from the same manufacturer so we didn’t drive theirs.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
What? What dose Hyundai have to do with Nissan and the UAW.
I dint know but I would give the SantaFe a look. My friend was a Lexus or Acura driver. That’s all she bought. She drove a SantaFe and absolutely loved it. She bought the Santa Fe that has the longer back area. 8 think it’s the Limited

Old 08-20-2018, 09:18 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I dint know but I would give the SantaFe a look. My friend was a Lexus or Acura driver. That’s all she bought. She drove a SantaFe and absolutely loved it. She bought the Santa Fe that has the longer back area. 8 think it’s the Limited
I know someone who bought a Kia Sorento it’s a really nice CUV it got better reviews than the Santafe.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:12 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,413 times
We owned a 2015 Murano Platinum for 2.5 years and it was a great vehicle. We just wanted something less crossoverish and more SUV so we ended up selling it and buying a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. We had nothing but good things to say about the Murano though.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:12 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I know someone who bought a Kia Sorento it’s a really nice CUV it got better reviews than the Santafe.
My wife’s next car is gonna be a Sorento. She’s switching back from a Infiniti. We had a Sorento before and it was a reliable great vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive