Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 06:27 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times

Advertisements

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...-engine-blocks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 07:18 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,255,219 times
Yep, fiat owns Chrysler, they also own Masarati.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:19 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
They've been partners on projects for at least 30 years that I know of.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
I was talking to a guy that works for Chrysler as a QA inspector, he travels all over the world to the different Chrysler plants, he is driving the new Renegade Jeep that is made in Brazil he gets a car every 3 months for free. He said that Chrysler is now in charge of getting the quality of Fiat to were it needs to be Fiat understands that the their quality is not were it suspose to be. Also he said that the viper and prowler were originally made to be placed in dealerships to draw people in was never intended to be manufactured fo the public. And the Durango is set to hit the streets soon, along with a new version of the Caliber witch will not be a car. He said Chrysler is done making midsize and small cars. Also read this he told me to look up this article about the Demon, hers what some of the some of the article said. Also he said Chrysler is making money and has more products in its pipeline especially for Jeep.

The NHRA has already banned the 2018 Dodge Demon. Why? It’s simply too fast for the dragstrip. The Demon will require a special license and additional safety equipment before its demonic ways are given a green light for the ‘strip.

Read more: 2018 Dodge Demon Banned By NHRA | GM Authority

Old 08-05-2017, 09:34 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
They've been partners on projects for at least 30 years that I know of.
I remember the 'TC by Maserati' which was nothing but a rebadged Chrysler. It was a total flop.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:29 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I remember the 'TC by Maserati' which was nothing but a rebadged Chrysler. It was a total flop.
It was during this same period that I purchased my Convertible... I distinctly remember wondering what people saw in the TC that would make them pay 10K more than they did the Le Baron. But as far as being a rebadge... The TC actually had a lot of mechanical, body, and interior differences and upgrades. All of which made it more a rework and not as much a rebadge, but at a much higher price point. I think the closest analogy would be how the ASC McLaren of the time was a reworked Mustang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysl...ti#Competition
http://ascmclaren.org/WhatIsAnAscMcLaren.html

My RX7 had more features, better engineering, better interior and electronics (a built-in CD player as opposed to one you plugged into the TC dash) and performed better. I remember there was one in the area that constantly squeaked as it drove by.

But everybody has their own thing and I guess those who liked Chryslers were happy with what they had.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:24 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Explains why Maserati resale values fall off a cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive