Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:13 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Well, the good news, if you can call it that, is I do not have a firearm with me. If I did, my encounter with her would have ended up on the evening news.
This story made my day! Thank you!

Old 08-08-2017, 03:40 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
There's certainly no reason to take up a pump in a busy station while you're browsing the candy aisle or using the bathroom. If you're paying with cash, go inside and pay, come back and get your gas then move to a parking space and go back in.

I guess that's too difficult for some to comprehend.
Not every gas station has parking spots. And if a gas station is busy where all 16 pumps have cars in front of them, chances are high that any parking spots would also be full.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:22 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Not every gas station has parking spots. And if a gas station is busy where all 16 pumps have cars in front of them, chances are high that any parking spots would also be full.
Indeed! Or this also possible, and innocent, scenario:

You pay at the pump but need a receipt. Can't let another person start a new pump or receipt will be wrong or unavail. Walk in store figuring it will be quick. But nope...6 people in line in front of you, coffee, lotto, receipts, pre-pay, etc.. The min-wage cashier moves as quickly as one may expect. There is no separate gas-only line.

Who's really at fault here? Is 'fault' even a reasonable discussion?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:03 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This irritates me too. I always start the pump then go in the store while it's pumping. Or if I feel like I need to stand there, I will move my car to the storefront.

These same people are likely those that leave their shopping carts in the parking space instead of returning it.
Yeah no. I always return my cart to the corral or the store. But I do pay cash quite often, especially when I am on vacation. Plus, if I need to pee, I am going in to do so and if there aren't spaces out front to move to, which happens in very busy gas stations, then where exactly am I supposed to park my car?

The busiest gas stations tend to be Sam's, BJ's and Costco. Any of those I have been to are set WAY away from the stores, so it's not even an issue there. Unless you are paying cash. In that case, I don't think you are supposed to move your car until after you pay.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Going into pay is one thing, but going into shop while your car is full and there is a line of cars waiting behind you is another.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-09-2017 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
This thread veered way off-topic several times. Topics such as driving slowly in the passing lane, driving fuel efficient (or not) vehicles, baseball's World Series () and how long you can drive without stopping to pee are obviously off-topic. Personal attacks are not permitted, and you all know that. The most recent off-topic and inappropriate posts and personal attacks have been deleted. Since some people can't seem to play nice, the thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive