Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Joys of having an SUV with a trailer hitch. I just put a hitch cover on or a hitch step. Can't do much for the front end although I've contemplated a bull bar, but the rear is pretty solid. Last lady to rear-end me did a number on her front end. All it did to me was bend my cover. Took it off and put a different one on, had the dealer check it out afterwards.

It is kinda funny to come down to my car in a garage though and see the imprint of whatever cover I'm using at the time on the license plate of the person parked behind me (I always back in).
Those bull bars are useless, very lightweight and they just bend right into the bumper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 12:31 PM

4,792 posts, read 10,617,090 times
New car: park out in the back forty at the big box lots, avoid curb side street parking, skip the valet parking, etc.

If those steps are not in one's comfort zone or practical to car owner, just try to be aware and take you chances.
Stuff happens, esp with the disengaged and distracted drivers/parkers always in a rush and with faces buried in cells phones, kids under their wing, etc.
GL, mD

Old 08-08-2017, 12:59 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,998,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
New car: park out in the back forty at the big box lots, avoid curb side street parking, skip the valet parking, etc.
Exactly. Thank you.

Some live in rural or suburban areas where there are plenty of empty parking spaces.

If you have to go into a large older city with limited parking you may have issues.

If the issue is an expensive car being parked in tight city streets. Time to change cars.

In the city I see people drive and drive and drive around seeking an empty parking space near the restaurant/club. When they pass many empty streets with plenty of open parking. They just don't like to walk a moderate distance.

Park someplace else that is bigger/safer. And walk. Or take grandpa's old car into town. Or better yet, go in the other peoples car as a passenger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive