Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:49 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Ah so, as I suspected, the driver had done something unsafe to the bikers and that lead bike guy was trying to to talk to him about it when the truck driver pulled over and went into beat down mode. These bikers in the video look like young non-club type bikers. Easy pickings for a little bullying with your truck.

Rader (biker) said he was riding in the back of a group of nine other motorcycle riders when a pickup driver passed all of them and then swerved at one of the riders and almost ran another rider off of a rural county road.
Why was he trying to talk to him? What did he hope the guy in the truck was going to say? So stupid. Just give him the finger and let him go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol. Grading on a curve?

Nice assault charges on that video. Hopefullybthe bikers went to the cops. Who am I kidding. The fat shaved silverback in the blue shirt was probably the chief of police.

Pretty sure this happened in the deep South!

Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
All of them in the trucks need to get arrested for assault since they let the assault continue and did the one have a shot gun ? that is brandishing a firearm during an assault big time for that one . can someone say PRISON for that one ?

Old 09-16-2017, 11:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What did he hope the guy in the truck was going to say?
"Sorry guys, my bad!" That's all it takes to defuse the situation.

OTOH, the pickup driver likely did what he did on purpose, so I guess the bikes were hoping to intimidate the driver so he'd think twice about it next time.

I mean, if you're out walking in public and someone swings an axe right by your head, do you just pretend it didn't happen?

Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I think rational people will agree it's just stupidity taking over. I don't believe that you deserve to die from a vehicular altercation (even if you instigated it) but plenty of people do get killed. I think the "it's Karma " comment imo isn't as much as he deserves to die as it is this is the result of being stupid and brake checking a two ton cruiser what do you expect shrugs shoulders kind of thing. Regardless who started a fight it's just easier to back down and go your own way instead of throwing blows or grabbing a gun. To me that takes adult behavior. Anybody can act like a spoiled child and get in a fight. You think any of those people in that video, bikers or country boys are true rational people? Doubt it. Why follow the guy? What are you proving by chasing the person and shaking your fist? Eventually people escalate situations and someone gets f'ed up.
Don't misunderstand me, my willingness to walk doesn't mean I can't fight. I'll fight as a last resort but I'll try to walk. If the other person thinks I'm a puss because of it so be it. I don't much care.
I agree with most of what you say. But the karma comment by patrol man was uncalled for, especially because he was an officer of the law. Karma would have been if the brake checking idiot low sided and slid down the freeway, totaling his bike and maybe getting some road rash or breaking a bone. But getting mowed over by a patrol car!!?? WTF! Who calls that karma?

I've gotten out of the car a few times to talk some sense into a$$holes and most times they apologized. Bet they think twice about their behavior next time. But the last time I did it the guy stayed by his car and started baiting me with words. He looked to be concealing a firearm, so I let it go. Now I have a family, so I don't bother anymore.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
I agree with most of what you say. But the karma comment by patrol man was uncalled for, especially because he was an officer of the law. Karma would have been if the brake checking idiot low sided and slid down the freeway, totaling his bike and maybe getting some road rash or breaking a bone. But getting mowed over by a patrol car!!?? WTF! Who calls that karma?

I've gotten out of the car a few times to talk some sense into a$$holes and most times they apologized. Bet they think twice about their behavior next time. But the last time I did it the guy stayed by his car and started baiting me with words. He looked to be concealing a firearm, so I let it go. Now I have a family, so I don't bother anymore.
Exactly. I feel the same way. Unless my life is in imminent danger I'll walk away. I just don't want to deal with some psycho who has a rage issue. IF it gets to that point well then we can go there. But I'm not going to escalate the issue.
Usually a simple wave of the hand and a mouthed " sorry "diffuses:deescalates the situation. Yeah the guy might still flip you off. So what. It's far easier to drive away to take down the description of car driver and plate and calmly call in a aggressive road rager. I guarantee such person will be raging at other drivers even after the encounter with you. And even when the cops pull them over. Some can't let go.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 09-16-2017 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-16-2017, 02:46 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
"Sorry guys, my bad!" That's all it takes to defuse the situation.

OTOH, the pickup driver likely did what he did on purpose, so I guess the bikes were hoping to intimidate the driver so he'd think twice about it next time.

I mean, if you're out walking in public and someone swings an axe right by your head, do you just pretend it didn't happen?
No,, you duck and get away from the crazy person. Call the cops once you have a chance. However, this is not the same thing. Ganging up on the pickup guy did not help in any way. In fact, it hurt. What I said earlier would also have defused the situation. Those bikers didn't look like a simple apology would do anything to stop them.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
What is someone on a motorcycle thinking with some big dude in a pickup? People have lost their mind. Glad I drive a VERY fast car to get the f out of an area like that. Crazy people. Of course I am too old to deal with such crap anymore. Glad I grew up.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I feel the same way. Unless my life is in imminent danger I'll walk away. I just don't want to deal with some psycho who has a rage issue. IF it gets to that point well then we can go there. But I'm not going to escalate the issue.
Usually a simple wave of the hand and a mouthed " sorry "diffuses:deescalates the situation. Yeah the guy might still flip you off. So what. It's far easier to drive away to take down the description of car driver and plate and calmly call in a aggressive road rager. I guarantee such person will be raging at other drivers even after the encounter with you. And even when the cops pull them over. Some can't let go.
Yep, a simple acknowledgment of wrong doing goes a long way. I wish more people would be willing to swallow their ego... lots let road rage that way.

I've tried calling the cops to report road rage and they just blew me off. Your word against his kind of deal. Maybe it's different now if you have video proof?

Old 09-16-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
No,, you duck and get away from the crazy person. Call the cops once you have a chance. However, this is not the same thing. Ganging up on the pickup guy did not help in any way. In fact, it hurt. What I said earlier would also have defused the situation. Those bikers didn't look like a simple apology would do anything to stop them.
I agree ganging up didn't help matters. But it's been my experience that cops won't do anything in those situations. Your word against his etc. However, my experience in these matters is way out of date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive