Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 09:59 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Are there any cars left for men? The only model I have consistently seen driven by women is the Beetle. I see more of a division between liberal/conservative as male/female. Every Prius driver at my work is a certified Obama voter. I know them.
Well it also seems like many other industries, the auto industry is trying to diversify itself so badly

Never been or lived in Australia, but I heard this weird ass situation with the manufacturer Holden is happening in which it's trying to reach out its market more with gay and female drivers, here's a link that sort of talks about the story

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dai...ec1e4688d4fefa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I have to say you’ve essentially missed the mark on almost all of your observations. 300 is a black guys car, everybody knows that.
No Cadillacs as I mentioned are more of a black guys car by miles. Even Subarus, Challengers and Corvettes are more common among black guys than the 300

How? I am taking both demographics, their looks and performance into account...

Old 05-27-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Mazda Miata. Even Barbie had one.
Yeah lol I can see where you are coming from.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:17 PM

10,084 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
No Cadillacs as I mentioned are more of a black guys car by miles. Even Subarus, Challengers and Corvettes are more common among black guys than the 300

How? I am taking both demographics, their looks and performance into account...
Not in my neck of the woods. In fact, now that I think of it, I can't think of a time that I've seen a Subaru anything driven by anyone with dark skin. Not saying there are none, just can't remember seeing that.

I have noticed that Cadillacs are preferred among blacks and with whites its usually older people.

Corvettes, quite frankly I haven't seen many in my area. I see plenty of luxury and sports cars, just not many Corvettes. It's hard for me to say if a Corvette is a black man's car, at least in my area.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:47 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Chick car??"
What would you super-macho guys say about an elderly man who owns a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins truck, 2 Kawasaki brute force atvs, a 32 foot motorhome, is a licensed Amateur Radio Operator...
and owns a PT Cruiser convertible.
Or, how about a middle-aged man who owns a Ram 2500 Cummins truck, a highly modified Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, a Vintage Honda 110, is also a licensed Amateur Radio Operator,

and owns a Suzuki Bergman 650

and owns a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
IMO, there are no "chick cars". There are merely pseudo-macho "men", under testosterone overload, who feel the need to label things as "not macho" or "feminine".
Girlyman

Mote I am just answering the questions asked. Not calling names

Old 05-27-2018, 10:55 PM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
No Cadillacs as I mentioned are more of a black guys car by miles.
Cadillacs and 300s are pretty popular with black people in general.
Quote:
Even Subarus, Challengers and Corvettes are more common among black guys than the 300
I’ve never seen a black guy in a Subaru. Ever. Challengers and chargers are pretty popular for black people

I’m black with a corvette and I’ve only seen one other black guy with one. Majority of corvette owners are old white men

In general we black folks seem to like Cadillac and Chrysler, Mercedes, Chargers, and challengers. In my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Not in my neck of the woods. In fact, now that I think of it, I can't think of a time that I've seen a Subaru anything driven by anyone with dark skin. Not saying there are none, just can't remember seeing that.

I have noticed that Cadillacs are preferred among blacks and with whites its usually older people.

Corvettes, quite frankly I haven't seen many in my area. I see plenty of luxury and sports cars, just not many Corvettes. It's hard for me to say if a Corvette is a black man's car, at least in my area.
I agree with all of this.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Cadillacs and 300s are pretty popular with black people in general.

I’ve never seen a black guy in a Subaru. Ever. Challengers and chargers are pretty popular for black people

I’m black with a corvette and I’ve only seen one other black guy with one. Majority of corvette owners are old white men

In general we black folks seem to like Cadillac and Chrysler, Mercedes, Chargers, and challengers. In my opinion.

I agree with all of this.
Well only the most tuned up of Subarus anyways...

No, don't be fooled. If you go to a local street car club sometime you will **** ton of black and even Hispanic dudes driving the Corvette. If you want an old man's sports car for white people then I think either the Porsche Cayman or Mustang are more suitable...

Old 05-27-2018, 11:40 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
Never been or lived in Australia, but I heard this weird ass situation with the manufacturer Holden is happening in which it's trying to reach out its market more with gay and female drivers, here's a link that sort of talks about the story
Subaru went that marketing direction in the USA in the late 90s/early 00s and the 'lesbaru' jokes are left over from that era. Their current dogs and safety marketing emphasis is the result of research about how their core buyer groups range from the LGBQT buyers that have often remained loyal to the brand to outdoorsy types to right wing survivalists who find their vehicles to be useful in event of apocalypse and trying to come up with ideas that all of those diverse buyer groups like or at least tolerate.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Subaru went that marketing direction in the USA in the late 90s/early 00s and the 'lesbaru' jokes are left over from that era. Their current dogs and safety marketing emphasis is the result of research about how their core buyer groups range from the LGBQT buyers that have often remained loyal to the brand to outdoorsy types to right wing survivalists who find their vehicles to be useful in event of apocalypse and trying to come up with ideas that all of those diverse buyer groups like or at least tolerate.
Yes I am sure everyone knows...

I think even the same happened with Chevy when they started making the Spark...

Old 05-28-2018, 01:17 AM

Remember guys is more than just the average demographic

Style, comfort, performance, looks and even the name could play a role

The PT Cruiser is like the ultimate granny wagon

I can take a bit of my statement back and say Chrysler 300 is the most feminine-looking masculine car out there, mostly because of its color packages I figure anyways... Though I been seeing only females drive the car everywhere for a while now...

Subaru may appeal to lesbians, but that's just a small cliche. Trust me is more a black man's car (especially if it's very tuned )

The reason I mentioned the Integra is mostly because of looks, strangely enough this only applies if the Integra is in yellow and if it's the Honda version, the tuned up version of Acrua made it appear more muscly than its original model.
And the Integra is one of my favorite cars ever... In other words think of "sexy looks" being the case here... Same principle from me almost applies to the Civic Type R

Kia Soul is all within the name itself, though you can tell it's trying to get a more masculine feel with the turbo charged...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive