Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:36 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times

Advertisements

Porsche Boxster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 09:42 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
In what world? In my circles anyway the women find the 500 to be super cute and men wouldn’t be caught dead in it.
Same here.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:50 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
- Station Wagon
I have a station wagon now. 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. Column Shift. Nothing feminine or masculine about it. Just a handy comfortable car. With excellent visibility.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:47 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Why did Miata become such a popular car with hairdressers? I always thought of it as a car for Weaboos for some reason to be honest.
You apparently don’t race cars. I’ve never seen a woman driving a Miata in my entire life. They’re huge at the track though.
Where do people get this idea from? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tor...-chick-car/amp

Old 05-27-2018, 11:56 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,151,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Porsche Boxster
I believe the quoted is a true statement, based on comments from my pal the GM of a Porsche dealer plus a sales guy I've worked with on a couple deals past five years.

What I found interesting was the lady who paid $220K cash for a fully-loaded 911, 991.1 Turbo S Cabrio they had on the showroom floor awhile a year or two ago. It just looked more woman-friendly, I can't describe it better than that: some sort of PTS color like wasn't red, I think like a cream or similar, with gorgeous leather and as I said about every option. Sure enough, the GM said it sold to a female executive from (wherever) one day, just as he thought. He knows what he's doing, in terms of ordering interesting inventory. If she was VP or general manager at a major, that price was a rounding error on her yearly bonus anyway so who cares.

Since I don't drive crap mobiles, but do have a Toyota Tacoma X-Runner as a utilitarian sort of vehicle (though it looks like Darth Vader's weekend getaway truck, as tricked-out by me so far), I can only add one more to that I've quoted: the Ferrari California.

An "Entry Level" Ferrari that I've examined, they are less hard-edged than other offerings and arguably don't exude the same testosterone as, say, a 458 Italia or newer 488. Much less a 430 'Scud in black with gold accents and carbon fiber everywhere, the likes of which I've only seen once (and wish I could have bought, but could not come up with the payments for $180K used).

Californias can be all-blacked out and look a bit more-sinister, or white and other milder colors with friendlier aspect. I've seen both. White with tan interior looks, to me (and it is subjective, people!) more female-friendly. I don't know the Ferrari guys in Seattle well enough to garner their opinion. I myself may aim for a California in a few years if the gods continue to smile on me career wise: TBD, though, as that's quite splurge at my particular income level. I think they look the bomb in black w/tan interior.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:01 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Today I learned I may drive a women’s car. Haha

This thread is great

I learned a long time ago unless someone else wants to pay the bills, I don't give a rat's patootie what they think about what I'm driving.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
A number of mentions of the Mini Cooper, I always found it quite amusing to see big tough guys in big block Corvettes get dusted by original Minis on tight road courses.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,273,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Chick car??"
What would you super-macho guys say about an elderly man who owns a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins truck, 2 Kawasaki brute force atvs, a 32 foot motorhome, is a licensed Amateur Radio Operator...
and owns a PT Cruiser convertible.
Or, how about a middle-aged man who owns a Ram 2500 Cummins truck, a highly modified Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, a Vintage Honda 110, is also a licensed Amateur Radio Operator,

and owns a Suzuki Bergman 650

and owns a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
IMO, there are no "chick cars". There are merely pseudo-macho "men", under testosterone overload, who feel the need to label things as "not macho" or "feminine".
LOL! As soon as I clicked on this thread, I started looking for the obligatory "I hate masculinity and testosterone" post.

Sheesh. Does everything have to offend somebody these days?

Old 05-27-2018, 12:56 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't see any Land Rovers. A lot of women like Land Rovers.
Women love SUVs in general (small, crossover, mid, full), I suppose it’s their equivalent to a guy and his truck.

They see women driving them so they want one too. Merdecdes G-Wagon is another feminine SUV made for upper class trophy wives

Old 05-27-2018, 01:02 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,589,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
For me

1. VW Beetle
2. Kia Soul
3. Ford Explorer
4. Honda Odyssey (2011 to present models only)
5. Toyota Corolla
6. Mini Cooper
7. Chrysler 300
8. Honda pilot(This one was debatable for me to include, but the 2016 to now model is definitely worth the mention though)
9. Jeep Grand Cherokee
10. Acura MDX

Honorable mentions

Honda CR-V
Chevy Malibu
Ford Edge
Honda Integra (debatable)
Toyota Camry
Scion XD
PT Cruiser
Nissan Sentra
Ford Escape

I had a lot of honorable mentions to get out there for sure, anyways. Time for your own lists I guess.
I don't think the Mini Cooper is a female car at all. It hails from Great Britain, where it's driven often by males. Only in America would it be thought of as female.

Ford Explorer is also not female, IMO. It's a family vehicle.

I would place the Honda CR-V at the top of the list. Definitely girly. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive