Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 04:14 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,793,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
As someone else already alluded to, at 7 AM on a Sunday morning, it's pretty likely that an employee coming into work parked right next to you. Said employee undoubtedly has to park at the back of the lot by policy.

Not too many people headed to the grocery store at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning just looking to "mess" with people. But, hey, glad you're the only one who exists in the world.
So they couldn't park one space over? They couldn't park in any of the other ten parking lanes farthest from the store?

No. They parked right next to my vehicle. Literally HUNDREDS of parking spots in that lot and this clown has to park right next to me?

What sane individual would select a parking spot right next to a vehicle that is obviously parked away from the crowd to avoid damage? Someone that likes to mess with people. Your little story about an employee having to park there is B.S.

If I thought i was "The only one that exists in the world" I would have parked up front taking up three spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 04:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,759 times
I park so far away from other cars and my destination that I have to call an Uber and my gar still get's dinged up. People suck.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:25 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,142,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
So they couldn't park one space over? They couldn't park in any of the other ten parking lanes farthest from the store?

No. They parked right next to my vehicle. Literally HUNDREDS of parking spots in that lot and this clown has to park right next to me?

What sane individual would select a parking spot right next to a vehicle that is obviously parked away from the crowd to avoid damage? Someone that likes to mess with people. Your little story about an employee having to park there is B.S.

If I thought i was "The only one that exists in the world" I would have parked up front taking up three spaces.

If you parked in the farthest spot, they probably parked in the next closest spot so as to park as far away from the store as possible due to store policy.

They probably didn't think you were parked there to "get away from the crowd." They probably just assumed your car belonged to another employee. (Although they probably didn't assume anything--just worried about getting to work and never gave your oh-so-important car another thought).

My "little story" could be BS; so could yours. However, Occam's Razor supports my theory far more than the idea that someone just wanted to mess with you at 7 AM on a Sunday.

Dude, it was a Sunday morning at 7 AM. Why do you need to get away from the crowds? I would imagine there were nothing but a few people in the store at that time, if that many. It's a shame this is the hill you choose to die on.

Last edited by djsuperfly; 08-27-2018 at 04:39 PM..

Old 08-27-2018, 04:51 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,793,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post

If you parked in the farthest spot, they probably parked in the next closest spot so as to park as far away from the store as possible due to store policy.

They probably didn't think you were parked there to "get away from the crowd." They probably just assumed your car belonged to another employee. (Although they probably didn't assume anything--just worried about getting to work and never gave your oh-so-important car another thought).

My "little story" could be BS; so could yours. However, Occam's Razor supports my theory far more than the idea that someone just wanted to mess with you at 7 AM on a Sunday.

Dude, it was a Sunday morning at 7 AM. Why do you need to get away from the crowds? I would imagine there were nothing but a few people in the store at that time, if that many. It's a shame this is the hill you choose to die on.
Probably, probably,probably......... You are just speculating with your theory it was a store employee.

FACT; Hundreds of spots in the lot.
FACT; I was not in an area where employees park.
FACT; I do not consider protecting my investment by opting for the furthest spot in a lot to be selfish.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:07 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
What sane individual would select a parking spot right next to a vehicle that is obviously parked away from the crowd to avoid damage? Someone that likes to mess with people.
Not necessarily. Could be a brother-in-arms who doesn't want to get dinged either. And it can be better to park next to someone who likely feels the same than be subject to random neighbors.

Another flaw with the back of the lot method is that it is also where big trucks and other vehicles that don't really fit in a parking spot reside.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:18 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,699 times
learning how to properly park is actually the best way to avoid bumper scuffs and door dings.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:21 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,142,233 times
Quote:
Probably, probably,probably......... You are just speculating with your theory it was a store employee.

FACT; I do not consider protecting my investment by opting for the furthest spot in a lot to be selfish.
1) Yes, this is a fact.
2) How would you know this? Do you hang out in the lot all day watching employees come and go?
3) Didn't say it was selfish? Maybe a little neurotic, though...

Yes, I said "probably." I already covered that. I don't know for a fact that's what happened, BUT you also don't know that your claim is truly factual as well. As I said, Occam's Razor would make my theory more likely. Why?

Well, there's three types of people who would park right next to you in this situation:
1) a store employee parking where he or she is supposed to
2) a clueless person who is either actually stupid or just doesn't think about the world the way you do
3) a person who is looking to give you a hard time.

Common sense would say the percentage of the population between 1 and 2 is much, much larger than #3. Especially on a Sunday morning at 7 AM.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:23 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
With many people the correct answer is: nothing!

I would say: spiteful thoughts.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:25 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:

Was the store open?

Old 08-27-2018, 08:24 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,439,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Completely agree. No sympathy at all if I watch someone else tear apart a car parked over the line. For my own personal conduct I do try to make a reasonable effort to avoid scratching a car even if it is parked over the line, but I also don't feel the least bit guilty if I do make incidental contact. Like if I'm loading grocery bags into the back seat and the door or shopping cart scratches the other car. Learn how to park and that stuff is less likely to happen!
Now if there's a space between two people who each are a foot over the driver side line, this is not actually a space. It's a trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive