Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:16 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,335 times

Advertisements

Is this when people drive to close, or over the yellow line? If so i have experienced this from time to time, also what angers me is when i'm pulling up to or stopped at a light, people cut their left turn short almost smashing into me head on. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/23.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 05:16 PM

115 posts, read 464,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
But you still did not say what on earth are you talking about? I believe you that you are not kidding but what is it you are saying?
I think he means "before (a potential) impact"

Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
My guess is the OP is talking about roads that have narrow lanes and drivers are driving big vehicles and there worried about their right side wheels dropping off the roadway.

Just my guess.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
My guess is the OP is talking about roads that have narrow lanes and drivers are driving big vehicles and there worried about their right side wheels dropping off the roadway.

Just my guess.
I guess. Either way the OP is not too anxious to fill us in on his left/right/center driving habits so I give up. I will go check the driving handbook and look it up........when I am 99.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 PM

26 posts, read 52,894 times
Left of center means, yes, over the yellow line & potential head on collision. My guess is they would call it a game of chicken.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 PM

I know this is a disturbing matter. So disturbing, to think that people could do something like that and I am trying to make some kind of sence out of it myself. (with no luck I might add)I mean really, just what kind of a society are we turning into anyway? And it's not just kids doing this act.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
My money is also on cell phone users. My gridlocked rush hour commutes are made even more heinous as you have to play a game of bumper cars with morons in large SUVs swerving between two lanes. When you pull up alongside of them and stare into their window you see their left hand craned against their ears with their mouths blabbering at Mach 5.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:28 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I have never had this happen to me, and I have a Honda and a Toyota. But I would assume that hostility towards those who drive "foreign" cars probably is more common in areas with a lot of rednecks.....pickup trucks with the "W" sticker for George Dubya Bush, NRA stickers, NASCAR stickers, and a sticker with Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes peeing on whatever NASCAR driver or make of car that they don't like.
Sorry, but I live in the heart of redneckville (allegedly) and half of the people here drive foreign cars. My mom drives a little Tacoma and has never had this happen. My guess is cell phones (text messaging), or maybe it's a thing the teens are doing in the OP's area to get attention.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnstarr View Post
WOW....for once I gotta agree with DS41.....WTH are you talkin about......at 66 yrs olde I have driven ALL over the country....owne a Cellica, A Geo Priszm and a Hyundai....and NO one has ever aimed for me......fallen asleep and drifted ....YES...aimed....NO.....

As my article reads, I KID YOU NOT. this is happening. I don't drive with my lights or brites on. Just trying to go from place A to B.. This is the rustbelt and people here drive with a chip on their shoulder. Without any doubt in my mind this is being done intentionally. We are living in a whole new world.
hmmmmmmm maybe they just don't like YOU?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs
I have never had this happen to me, and I have a Honda and a Toyota. But I would assume that hostility towards those who drive "foreign" cars probably is more common in areas with a lot of rednecks.....pickup trucks with the "W" sticker for George Dubya Bush, NRA stickers, NASCAR stickers, and a sticker with Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes peeing on whatever NASCAR driver or make of car that they don't like.

I live in an area with 3+ million people, lot of rednecks? Bingo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive