Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 06:48 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times

Advertisements

I'd consider a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CRV instead. Reliability being the main reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I'd consider a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CRV instead. Reliability being the main reason.
You do not get a reliable used car by brand choice or even model choice. You get a reliable used car by choice of the individual vehicle.

A 1996 Chrysler Sebring is far more reliable than a 2008 Honda Civic or Toyota RAV 4. If the Sebring was maintained and repaired and the Honda or Toyota were abused or even not well maintained. Usually some old lady car like a Town and County is a better more reliable choice than a kid car like a rav 4. Especially one that has been driven off road. But as always, it depends on the individual car, not on the bran or model.

Spin round three times and chant to yourself "It is not about the brand. It is not about the brand. It is not about the brand." Get the marketing manipulation and brainwashing out of your head. brand really has noting at all to do with reliability. It is all about and only about the care and condition of the particular vehicle you are looking at.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:30 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,057 times
I'd stay away from all of those vehicles to be honest. I'm assuming you're looking for a small SUV in the $10k price range? I'd look at a Ford Escape. RAV4 and CRV are good as well if you can find one in your price range with under 100k miles that is.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:16 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I'd stay away from all of those vehicles to be honest. I'm assuming you're looking for a small SUV in the $10k price range? I'd look at a Ford Escape. RAV4 and CRV are good as well if you can find one in your price range with under 100k miles that is.
Rust.

Skip the Ford Escape.

"I have a 2011 ford escape and am noticing rust starting to form on the rear wheel wells, noticed some bubbling up of the paint, this vehicle has only 59,000 miles on it. I will notify the dealer next time i take it in for oil change. Thank goodness this is my last supposedly made in USA vehicle."

LINK

Old 05-24-2019, 12:10 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiro View Post
Thanks everyone. Great information...
Reconsidering now. The maintenance part scares me a little.
It should. I owned a BMW, which was decent - until the warranty ran out. BMW parts and service are expensive. BMW does not have a stellar reputation in terms of reliability, and maintenance is something that you have to factor in with a used vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive