Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:58 PM

1,520 posts, read 837,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Because every magazine thats tested both vehicles shows it to be so, as my post indicates...?
1/10 of a second is within the margin of error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,376,311 times
I think when I finish with my current car, a crossover, I am going back to a true SUV on a truck frame. I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Jeep Wrangler. I was leaning toward another Grand Cherokee until I discovered they are now crossovers. Since sometimes the family (adult kids, significant others, child) travels together, I think I might go ahead and get a 7 to 9 passenger SUV and eliminate the need for a second or third car if we go somewhere together.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:59 PM

3,112 posts, read 4,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
1/10 of a second is within the margin of error.
I'm not seeing low 6's from the GLC. Maybe I found some poor testing and it does 6-6.4? Link?

Old 06-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I think when I finish with my current car, a crossover, I am going back to a true SUV on a truck frame. I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Jeep Wrangler. I was leaning toward another Grand Cherokee until I discovered they are now crossovers. Since sometimes the family (adult kids, significant others, child) travels together, I think I might go ahead and get a 7 to 9 passenger SUV and eliminate the need for a second or third car if we go somewhere together.

Right. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has NEVER had a frame. Ever.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Unless you live somewhere where you need AWD, buying a Subaru just doesn’t make any sense. My sister had a Legacy, and when the transmission died it cost a small fortune to get it fixed, almost more than the car was worth.
That's any car. My 2002 Infiniti G20 (A tarted up Nissan Sentra) got me about a $4K quote from the dealer...in 2011...when its Transmission died. The local used parts lot ordered one from national inventory, and a local shop put one in. $1300ish, done.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,277,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I do alot of driving and hiking. Looking for something to fit my gear and to be able to sleep in the back seat if I need to(I am 6'1) . I currently have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and its so uncomfortable to try to sleep in the front seat at rest stops when I dont want to spend money on a hotel.

Not looking for a big SUV, maybe the new Subaru Forester type size . I need it for navigating rough trailhead access roads , and also like to drift on mountain backroads/ have some fun. So maybe A Crosstrek or Kona that isnt so top heavy?
a minivan

Old 06-11-2019, 05:41 PM

11,024 posts, read 7,916,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Congratulations - you just won a ride on the Goodrich Blimp!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,631,617 times
Quote:
CX5 will have the best driving dynamics.
Arguably, the Forester will be the most offroadable.
I'm a bit confused. What is a "driving dynamic"? It sounds similar to "how long is a piece of string" comment, and not one I have heard talked about in any meaningful, measurable and empirical manner. There are so many inputs that vary depending on how and where the vehicle is driven that to state any on vehicle has "better driving dynamics" than another makes the comment meaningless.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm a bit confused. What is a "driving dynamic"? It sounds similar to "how long is a piece of string" comment, and not one I have heard talked about in any meaningful, measurable and empirical manner. There are so many inputs that vary depending on how and where the vehicle is driven that to state any on vehicle has "better driving dynamics" than another makes the comment meaningless.
It means it doesnt get all uncomposed when you take it through sharp tire screeching corners, brake dive doesnt unbalance it, its intelligent awd works with instead of against you, handling is flat and extremely responsive for a vehicle with 7.5 inches of ground clearance, etc. Basically, you can push it hard without it getting all squirrely and it has no snappy characteristics. It inspires you to take than 35mph curve at 60.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:27 PM

1,520 posts, read 837,629 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing low 6's from the GLC. Maybe I found some poor testing and it does 6-6.4? Link?
https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/glc-class

They actually have the 4Matic at 5.9 o - 60 mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive