Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 05:43 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
If you like your cars paint you dont park anywhere near anyone else. Otherwise you risk the idiots taking liberties.
That doesn't always help. Years ago I parked a good 25yds away from any other car in a large lot, when I returned from the store there was one car right next to mine and sure enough a fresh ding in my door. Oddly enough, when I left that other car had two flat tires with the valve stem caps/cores lying on the ground right next to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 06:09 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,966,648 times
this is why i try to park away from everyone else, yet someone still manages to "find" a spot right beside me.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:35 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,445,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteel View Post
this is why i try to park away from everyone else, yet someone still manages to "find" a spot right beside me.
Because they are thinking the same way you are.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:44 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,078,241 times
Would a dash cam w/parking monitoring help identify these offenders?.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:17 PM

269 posts, read 261,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Would a dash cam w/parking monitoring help identify these offenders?.
What then?

Old 07-08-2019, 06:42 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,223,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
So, you believe in no respect for personal property and no responsibility for one's own actions.
You must be the original "Allstate Mayhem" guy.
I said absolutely nothing whatsoever even remotely resembling the sentiment you so brazenly attributed to me. But yes, you are responsible for your own actions if you leave something of value out in harm's way, foolishly expecting everyone to exercise your own impeccable and immaculate standards of care and respect for personal property.

If I warn you not to wear expense jewelry in a crowd, it doesn't make me the pckpocket.

Last edited by cebuan; 07-08-2019 at 06:52 PM..

Old 07-08-2019, 07:19 PM

5,466 posts, read 6,090,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I said absolutely nothing whatsoever even remotely resembling the sentiment you so brazenly attributed to me. But yes, you are responsible for your own actions if you leave something of value out in harm's way, foolishly expecting everyone to exercise your own impeccable and immaculate standards of care and respect for personal property.

If I warn you not to wear expense jewelry in a crowd, it doesn't make me the pckpocket.
Going by your logic, you should not have put the statement out there if you didn't want it "brazenly" attributed to you.

You know, in a similar fashion to parking a car in public.

I value my vehicles, some more than others, and yet will still park them in public. i assume others will respect my property by not causing damage to any of them.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:23 PM

1,065 posts, read 474,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
If the pristine finish of your showpiece is that important to you, don't leave it out unattended in a careless world. It's not my responsibility to protect valuables left in harm's way.

The other end of the spectrum is my co-worker's busted coffee mug with sentimental value. If he didn't want it broken, he shouldn't have brought it to the busy office.
A parked car is not in harms way. It's in an careless driver's way. Careless drivers are responsible for their actions, believe it or not.

That being said, when you leave your car parked in public, you take on the risk associated with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive