Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 05:57 PM

14,255 posts, read 14,780,819 times

Advertisements

Some parking lot idiot "scraped" the front right corner of my bumper.

Cost to repair $650 includes removal of front "bull" guard, removal of front bumper, sanding and painting of front bumper, removal and replacement of wheel well guard, then reassembly.

I am happy with the price, just upset at people that cannot park properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 06:20 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,599,354 times
People are diks. I drive a small beater for a daily and I park my nice cars far away. Unfortunately it doesn’t always help.

Someone bumped in my daily. Small red scuff mark on the bumper.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:20 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,141,395 times
If you like your cars paint you dont park anywhere near anyone else. Otherwise you risk the idiots taking liberties.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:14 PM

267 posts, read 260,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
If you like your cars paint you dont park anywhere near anyone else. Otherwise you risk the idiots taking liberties.
I've parked my late model cars in the far corner of near empty lots. Only to come back and see someone parked in the space next to me. Hard as you may try, you can't always protect yourself from the brain dead.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 PM

802 posts, read 1,369,539 times
Come live in NYC for a little while...
you wont even bother fixing those scratches...

Old 06-20-2019, 06:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,368,328 times
If you ever park in a parking lot or public garage, you need to have comprehensive insurance coverage with a low deductible. Dings and scratches will happen, if only the careless door opening next to you. Especially now that so many parking spaces are barely big enough for a Civic and we have to squeeze a pickup or large SUV into them.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:41 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,998,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Some parking lot idiot "scraped" the front right corner of my bumper.

Cost to repair $650 includes removal of front "bull" guard, removal of front bumper, sanding and painting of front bumper, removal and replacement of wheel well guard, then reassembly.

I am happy with the price, just upset at people that cannot park properly.
Welcome to "Why people are ****, 101"

Old 06-20-2019, 10:35 AM

6,162 posts, read 4,543,045 times
I lived in NYC for a looooong time, and my "good" (read: not yet paid for) car got its left front side crunched by someone in a parking lot here in DE. Just FYI, the size of the parking spots here is nirvana, you could put an RV in them, but not the person parked next to me, oh no. I haven't bothered to fix it, and won't as long as it drives and the light lights. Same with my beater car: I had it three months before some did in the back and for the last 27 years I can't open the trunk with the key.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:52 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,213,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
If you ever park in a parking lot or public garage, you need to have comprehensive insurance coverage with a low deductible. Dings and scratches will happen, if only the careless door opening next to you. Especially now that so many parking spaces are barely big enough for a Civic and we have to squeeze a pickup or large SUV into them.
That or just accept that you'll have to pay out of pocket which is a lot cheaper than constantly taking door dings to insurance. Me, first door ding was a bit of a relief. There, it's done. Now I don't have to worry anymore. Bay Area parking garages are horrendous. They're not so bad out in Walnut Creek but San Francisco, Oakland where I'm at most of the time they're just insane. My car barely fits and it's a compact. When you have to wedge in between the normal crossovers that people drive there's just not much room which means people are going to hit you pulling in or wack their doors getting out. Not much you can do about it.

Oddly enough though the first parking lot ding was out in Antioch with parking spots large enough for Hummer H1s to park and swing their doors all the way open... someone still managed to clip the rear bumper even then. Go figure.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:29 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,439,314 times
Someone In largo Florida backed into my wife’s brand new car that was parked in a handicap space with her handicap placard hanging on the rear view mirror. The guy had a tundra pickup and tried to take off but some other people pined him in he shows us his proof of insurance that was expired. There’s allot of hit and run in Florida I’ve witnessed plenty on US19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive