Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 08:21 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyhot View Post
Ford and GM have recall after recall for any new truck model and we're still kissing their a$$. Good for Musk - as arrogant as he is - to push the boundaries so they can't take us for granted like they have for too long. The funny thing is Ford will ultimately try to emulate Tesla and the fanboys will lap it up. I really don't get the disdain. What's wrong with friendly competition?
It’s not the competition. I have no problem with competition. I drive a Ford is because Chevy products were imo not up to par at the time when I got it. Dodge was a joke. Imports couldn’t do what I needed.

There is more to a vehicle than oh it’s a (in this case) Tesla and it can pull a truck uphill and it’s so oohhh aaahhhh futuristic and gosh I love my Elon centerfold. I don’t care for the body style for one. At all. I don’t care if it can pull a house off it’s foundation I find it horrible looking. I’m sure there is some reason for the pyramid shaped roof (most likely some roll over purpose) . The blind spots in that truck I can see them from my house all the way to the assembly plant.
The reason trucks have big tow mirrors is because they are very useful. Having a bed side/top rail that has rises up as they go forward towards the cab is asinine.

As I stated previously, I know people who bought Tesla products. One guy bought the model 3. The thing was the wrong color when it arrived. The Tesla sakes guy could of cared less.

The main reason I don’t look at a Tesla at this time .....Since it’s my money I’m spending I refuse to give it to any company that has a stranglehold on parts purchase or ordering. Plenty of bpvideos proving this. Mass market vehicle....I should be able to go buy parts for it anywhere. I have other choices for vehicles which fall well before I even look at a Tesla brand. Is my choice to spend as i please.

Eventually someone will make electric drivetrain swap kits. You’ll simply pull the existing drivetrain and bolt in a electric drivetrain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 11:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:

The solution for a fair fight should be Tesla dumbing down its product to the level of 100 year old technology and design?

This is not a demonstration of technology. You can take a crushed Tesla. Put in the back of my 1972 F-250 with an inline 6 cylc with a special order factory rear with very low end and I will drag that truck up Pikes Peak while idling.

This wouldn't be a fair fight because you are not comparing apples to apples. It's the same issue with what Tesla did. It's a marketing gimmick for the easily deceived.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:46 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:

The solution for a fair fight should be Tesla dumbing down its product to the level of 100 year old technology and design?
You do know that EV's date back to the 1870's right? So it's actually older tech than an ICE.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You do know that EV's date back to the 1870's right? So it's actually older tech than an ICE.
It's like the old pushrod vs. OHC argument.
Clueless people think OHC is the newer technology.

Quote:
Ford and GM have recall after recall for any new truck model and we're still kissing their a$$.
Tesla is no paragon of quaity.
They have a hard time even figuring out how to build and paint cars.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
It's like the old pushrod vs. OHC argument.
Clueless people think OHC is the newer technology.

Tesla is no paragon of quaity.
They have a hard time even figuring out how to build and paint cars.

At least with a Pinto, it had to be hit from behind to burst into flames. I've seen where too many of these EV's have caught fire because of the batteries. Sometimes during charging. And count on cheaply made batteries being used, thats a given. Imagine charging your vehicle in your garage. There's a problem and it burns the house down. Just add a smoke detector you say, all good. Not something I care to be involved in.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:47 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
At least with a Pinto, it had to be hit from behind to burst into flames. I've seen where too many of these EV's have caught fire because of the batteries. Sometimes during charging. And count on cheaply made batteries being used, thats a given. Imagine charging your vehicle in your garage. There's a problem and it burns the house down. Just add a smoke detector you say, all good. Not something I care to be involved in.
Hey i had 2 pintos i liked both of them I’ve seen battery operated golf carts exploded when being charge under carports when i lived in Florida. So imagine when a Tesla goes up while being charged.

Old 11-29-2019, 02:20 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Hey i had 2 pintos i liked both of them I’ve seen battery operated golf carts exploded when being charge under carports when i lived in Florida. So imagine when a Tesla goes up while being charged.

And in California, PG&E might dictate when you can charge anything.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:51 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,190,019 times
I love these Tesla comedy thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive