Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2019, 07:29 AM

929 posts, read 2,730,851 times

Advertisements

I watch a lot of Scotty's videos.
I disagree with a lot of his opinions.
It gets very tiring over his rants over how great Toyota is and everything else is crap.
Also, I get dizzy watching his hands and arms flailing around while he talks.
He needs to spend some of his time cleaning up that mess in his garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 10:03 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,106,940 times
I'm a wimp who warms up her car because when it's 20 degrees outside, I don't want to sit in a cold car. Who does that? I also don't want to be one of those idiots who only scrapes off the windshield but leaves the side windows icy so I can't see.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:22 AM

435 posts, read 419,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
If I don't let the vehicle warm up enough for the defroster to work on the interior, the windows fog up (or even get a skin of ice) when I get in, to the point that vision is impaired. I live in an extremely dry, extremely cold climate, though.
This is what I do - If not my breath, than the snow I have tracked into the car fogs up the windshield.
I am not warming up the car for the car's sake, it is so I can safely see out the window.

Old 12-04-2019, 11:03 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,793,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
It gets very tiring over his rants over how great Toyota is and everything else is crap.
There is truth to this, Toyota consistently ranked the top in reliability and service awards. I've owned several cars and Toyotas are much more reliable compared to other brands I've owned. But I'm not emotionally attached to any Toyotas, they just don't have the kind of quirks and personality that made me enjoy driving them.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:14 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,673,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There is truth to this, Toyota consistently ranked the top in reliability and service awards. I've owned several cars and Toyotas are much more reliable compared to other brands I've owned. But I'm not emotionally attached to any Toyotas, they just don't have the kind of quirks and personality that made me enjoy driving them.
Toyota’s really aren’t any better than anything else out there. They have their faults. They are what I consider a appliance vehicle.

Scottys main message is Toyota (especially MY Toyota) is the best everything else sucks.

And I’m sorry but for a guy who is such a mechanic he sure as hell has a garage that’s horrendously disorderlY. You would think that he could afford to buy a lift.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:27 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,650,468 times
Scotty also said Ram pickups are THE worst vehicles, but gave no specific reason why except that the starters are too small for the Hemi.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:30 PM

25,666 posts, read 17,412,622 times
My problem is, I can't stand hearing all the strange and unhealthy noises from my engine when it is cold. I'm little sensitive to all that.
So I let it warm up a little before asking it to do any real work, like moving the vehicle.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,288,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Scotty also said Ram pickups are THE worst vehicles, but gave no specific reason why except that the starters are too small for the Hemi.
Well, that's a typical Stupid Scotty Reason not to buy something.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,382,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
I agree, but do give him credit for "building his brand" and being able to make a great living off of YouTube.

Yes, he is knowledgeable, and biased like all of us, but in the end it's just entertainment, anything for the views and subscribers!

Old 12-04-2019, 07:42 PM

6,600 posts, read 7,212,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I watched another youtube video that claimed that a million views barely gets you $3000. I hope he has a day job.
I watched a guy in low 30’s who makes many car videos with very nice cars he owns (Ferrari, Lamborghini’s) and he showed his backpage and it showed how much money he made and for what. 1 million views on one video a makes you $7k a month. You have to put out many and have a very large subscriber pool. Doug DeMuro bought himself a Ford GT for around $250k give or take something. He’s not making $3k on his videos, it would be a giant waste of his time if that was the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive