Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 12:07 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Vehicle Virgins is the worst YT channel, in my opinion. Just look at this douche.

Harry's Garage is my favorite automotive channel. Harry is one of the founders of Evo Magazine and got an interesting car collection.
I don't judge by looking at people but watching their content. If appearance alone was a qualifier then Jason Fenske from EE could be deemed similar to the VV guy (Parker). But watching 3-4 of the EE episodes will show a great wealth of information that is helpful for understanding Auto Technology/physics. Parker is just a vlog of whatever he's doing that day with his expensive cars. The guy is literally buying a new car every 90 days putting an exhaust/rims/tune/wrap then repeat & recycle to generate views. Stradman and his flexin culture get old really quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 12:35 PM

518 posts, read 1,053,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I watch about 10-15 youtube channels to get my auto information... Far far far more informative than MT/C&D/R&T ever were.

SavageGeese
TheStraightPipes
SpeedAcademy
ThrottleHouse
Carwow
TheSmokingTire
JayLenosGarage
Carfection
Petrolicious
MattMaran
AlexOnAutos
RedlineReviews
EngineeringExplained
TheFastLane
ConsumerReports
MotorWeek
GearsandGasoline

Avoid:

DougDemuro
ScottKilmer
SupercarBlondie
Stradman
VehicleVirgins
Shmee
TopGear
Donut

Huge shout out for SavageGeese. I only discovered him a month ago. I'm not even car crazy, but his channel is excellent, informative, entertaining and often funny. I've seen many of the others listed too. EverydayDriver isn't bad either.
but SavageGeese for the no BS reviews.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:37 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I don't judge by looking at people but watching their content. If appearance alone was a qualifier then Jason Fenske from EE could be deemed similar to the VV guy (Parker). But watching 3-4 of the EE episodes will show a great wealth of information that is helpful for understanding Auto Technology/physics. Parker is just a vlog of whatever he's doing that day with his expensive cars. The guy is literally buying a new car every 90 days putting an exhaust/rims/tune/wrap then repeat & recycle to generate views. Stradman and his flexin culture get old really quickly.
Fenske is nothing like Nirenstein. He is factual, unpretentious and somewhat dorky. Parker’s IG profile is just like his YT channel: loud and obnoxious.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:20 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,825,438 times
4-Wheel & Off-Road
Automobile
Car Craft
Chevy High Performance
Classic Trucks 
Diesel Power
Hot Rod Deluxe 
Jp
Lowrider
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Mustang Monthly
Street Rodder
Super Chevy 
Super Street
Truck Trend 
Truckin’
Vette

Some of those I used to buy often. I stopped buying the mags years ago, as it ended up being clutter. I still probably have about sixty or so around here after getting rid of the ones I don't like and issues I didn't need, Like every single C&D since middle school. Now that I think about it, with bow the car scene is, they might as well be historical archives. I mean.... I don't know how many of these mags I have with the Crusher Camaro in it over the past near thirty years. I always wanted to have a car worthy of being in some of these magizines.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM

118 posts, read 86,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Me too! They were both top notch! And I'd add Peter Egan to the list of good guys.

His "Return of the Bugeye" series is great.

TU

Old 12-10-2019, 07:09 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I currently subscribe to 3 of the named magazines, and my subscriptions extend to the year 2022. What are these people going to do....push me off to access on a website? I DID NOT send they my hard-earned money, for web access. I sent it in for a magazine subscription!!
Years ago, I subscribed to a magazine that covered the commercial aviation industry. The publisher decided to discontinue the publication, and they replaced the remainder of my subscription with a magazine that was only peripherally related to the subject of the original magazine. I canceled the remaining subscription and got a refund from the company.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:52 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Vehicle Virgins is the worst YT channel, in my opinion. Just look at this douche.

Harry's Garage is my favorite automotive channel. Harry is one of the founders of Evo Magazine and got an interesting car collection.
Yet he has been super successful with lots of imitators.
Sad that those mags will be discontinued, they have been around a long time.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
SavageGeese hates modern cars so he can't write for any publications that has to review advertiser's products.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:18 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
The article said that
Quote:
“While TEN Publishing will no longer print the following magazines, [MotorTrend Group] will continue to offer our audiences and advertisers digital coverage for these discontinued print titles online," Wellen wrote.
One would wonder if those that are about to lose their jobs from the printed versions could find the same type of work with the digital versions of these mags.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Something I don't understand.....I'm sure that the publisher didn't come to their decision within the last few months. HOWEVER, they have continued to sell "subscriptions" to these magazines, and even continue to do so, as I just received the latest issue of 'Hot Rod' magazine, and it contained a "subscription card".

I currently subscribe to 3 of the named magazines, and my subscriptions extend to the year 2022. What are these people going to do....push me off to access on a website? I DID NOT send they my hard-earned money, for web access. I sent it in for a magazine subscription!!
They will probably give you a comparable content magazine they are still publishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive