Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 05:28 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,819,117 times

Advertisements

NoOne Digital Tire Inflator,12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump with Led Light for Car/Bicycle/Motorcycle/Ball/Balloon/Swimming Ring 180W 120PSI

I have something almost exactly like this.. LOVE it.. fast, easy solid... and saved my ass once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 07:19 AM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Times change. I had that one took lot abuse and did amazingly well for many years, but it was made of metal in USA and 30 to 40 years ago. Now its lot plastic and made in China. It makes a difference.

Watch that youtube video posted. Some have plastic internal parts, watch what happens when you dont limit use to the recommended ten minute limit with 30 minute cool down between ten minute use. SOME FAIL. Some hold up better. I would avoid the plastic piston/connecting rod ones with digital displays that will fade over time. But hey if you just see it as a one time use disposable tool or you just need it for occasional seasonal air pressure adjustment then ok maybe it will serve such minimal use.

I personally have a real air compressor for most uses at home. If I bought one mini tire inflators, its cause I have flat tire away from home and need to get enough air into it to get to the tire store without a tow bill, not to seasonally adjust air pressure by tiny amount. From that video its obviously many of these tire inflators are not up to such a situation. The devil is in the detail and the purpose you intend to use it.
At the time I got my first compressor for the car I lived in an apartment without an outdoor electrical outlet access. Moved up to a mobile home but the nearest outside outlet required a 75 feet long extension cord to reach the car. Now live in a traditional home with an electrical outlet in the covered parking. Bought a decent quality 110v powered compressor for quickly maintaining tire pressures at home but each vehicle still has a compressor for emergencies.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:24 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp View Post
[QUOTE

Another thing to consider is one of the 12V Jump Starter Boxes. I carry one in my truck and it has saved the day when it was needed.
I have this jump starter.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...365a3710204100[/quote]

Good advice. I use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-Ult...s%2C182&sr=8-5

Old 05-08-2021, 05:43 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
So many people have had good luck with these inflators, I think I will toss the POS that I have in my truck and try to find another one.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:28 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp View Post
Does anyone have a portable tire inflator? If so, what brand and how do you like it. I am thinking about getting one to keep in my car for trips we take and don't want to get caught with a low tire in the middle of no where.
If you can't pump up a car tire with a bicycle pump, you are out of shape.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:42 PM

602 posts, read 313,889 times
I bought this at my local Harbor Freight store to use to jump dead batteries ......and it has a air compressor that worked great....also has built in work light, two 12 VDC outlets and has a USB charging port ...when first getting it must plug it in to charge fully ( has lights to show you when it's fully charged ) and than say to recharge it after each use...and if you don't use it for some time they say to charge it monthly so it will always be ready to go...

Is well built and the jumper cables are heavy duty...I used it to jump a battery that was so dead it wouldn't take a charge...started right up after putting on the jumper cables and also used the air compressor on my riding mower to bring the psi in the tires up for this spring season...they include some adapters for rafts etc...

Quite heavy and I now have in the trunk of my vehicle if someone needs a jump and also if myself or someone I see needs air...don't know how long this will last but again, it seems to be very well built...

So far I'm more than satisfied how well it works ...

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-pe...ugg_q=cen-tech

Old 05-16-2021, 02:40 PM

701 posts, read 694,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Unless you had a triple bypass like I had recently.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:04 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,224,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Well sure I could. Just like I could dig a grave with a teaspoon. But I would prefer a backhoe.

Electric compressors are often the same price if not cheaper than a bicycle pump.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:35 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Ok, if I could just have disassembled and evaluated my portable tire-inflator before buying it.

What "engineer" thought it was a good idea to save a few pennies, by making the
connecting-rod that joins the electric-motor to the air-pump, out of plastic.....
...a truly stupid move.

OK, my tire-inflator got a little hot.......no damage to the electric-motor or the
air-pump. The plastic connecting-rod, that dumb thing totally melted and smoldered...and my pump is now a goner.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:11 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
I've used a bicycle pump. I have a foot-powered one that I once used to inflate a completely flat tire after work to get me home. Took about 10 minutes of pumping with my foot but it did the trick. I still have it behind the seat just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Base-...33522948&psc=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive