Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times

Advertisements

W see different typical drivers here:

Optioned up 4 door pickups - pretty much every middle class or up white family has one.

Tricked out WRX middle aged white guy dressed like a pimp or a skinny white male under 24 years.

Audi - this is the official DB car around here. These are the guys and gals cutting in front of anyone they can, forcing their way into a line after skipping ahead on the shulder, etc.

Dodge Charger SRT - middle class soccer moms.

Cadillac or Porsche CUV or SUV - upper class soccer moms.

Super raised high stack diesel trucks blasting out black smoke - hicks visiting front he south. Local southern hick wannabes - both typically chewing tobacco and spitting out the window dramatically every few seconds.

Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator - these are pretty much everywhere and driven by all sorts of people mostly 30 - 60. Pastel colors (pink yellow, light green) usually driven by women, dark colors *snazzberry, Black, Dark Blue Grey) typically by men. Gladiator often substitutes for the big 4 door pickup.

Mustang - older soccer moms who want to show that they are still hip and cool.

Miata - hairdressers and a few roadster aficionados.

Harley - accountants, engineers, doctors and lawyers (who else can afford one?)

Corvette - empty nest white guys in their 50s and 60s. Often recently divorced and hanging out at bowling alleys trying to pick up younger big hair chicks.

Worn out rusty sedans and CUVs - everyone else.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:16 AM

4,622 posts, read 3,010,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
I used to make a daily walk to a shopping mall, passing by a church. One Sunday, took a stroll through the church lot, counting US badges, compared to foreign makes. It's been about 15 years now, but as I recall, US makes had about 65% of the church-goers, and only 30% of the people who spent those ours at the mall.

"Buy American, go to Heaven"

Old 07-24-2022, 11:11 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Seems like the OP should get out of Texas once in awhile and see the rest of the country. None of this applies to where I live. I own a Lexus RX as does one of my neighbors and you're 100% wrong about both of us. One neighbor has a Subaru and you're wrong about her as well. Her husband has a pickup and trust me there's nothing redneck about him and he doesn't have a beard.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:01 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Whenever I see a Ferrari or a Lambo, I look inside and most likely find an old white guy playing with his toy on the way to get coffee on a Sunday morning.
He should not be preoccupied with his toy while driving

Old 07-24-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Most Asian women are not 'car savvy',they just know how to drive and most live in metropolitan area,they just want a reliable car to go from store to home to school.
Japanese cars like Toyota and Honda are reliable and affordable for middle class Asian females.
Asian men would prefer a BMW,Mercedes if they can afford it.
Quality is important to them,and they dont know enough / dont like getting their hands dirty fixing their cars.
It’s not just Asian women , but women in general are not car savvy.
I would say it’s particular of Asian men not wanting to fix their cars, it’s most men and add to that the complexity of those brands.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
W see different typical drivers here:

Optioned up 4 door pickups - pretty much every middle class or up white family has one.

Tricked out WRX middle aged white guy dressed like a pimp or a skinny white male under 24 years.

Audi - this is the official DB car around here. These are the guys and gals cutting in front of anyone they can, forcing their way into a line after skipping ahead on the shulder, etc.

Dodge Charger SRT - middle class soccer moms.

Cadillac or Porsche CUV or SUV - upper class soccer moms.

Super raised high stack diesel trucks blasting out black smoke - hicks visiting front he south. Local southern hick wannabes - both typically chewing tobacco and spitting out the window dramatically every few seconds.

Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator - these are pretty much everywhere and driven by all sorts of people mostly 30 - 60. Pastel colors (pink yellow, light green) usually driven by women, dark colors *snazzberry, Black, Dark Blue Grey) typically by men. Gladiator often substitutes for the big 4 door pickup.

Mustang - older soccer moms who want to show that they are still hip and cool.

Miata - hairdressers and a few roadster aficionados.

Harley - accountants, engineers, doctors and lawyers (who else can afford one?)

Corvette - empty nest white guys in their 50s and 60s. Often recently divorced and hanging out at bowling alleys trying to pick up younger big hair chicks.

Worn out rusty sedans and CUVs - everyone else.
Different here. Very few of those stereotypes fit here.
Chargers are mostly owned by black males.
Corvettes all age range from 21 to 70. If modified tend to be younger.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:45 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Enough of the sweeping generalizations about select groups of people. This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive