Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:11 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,014,506 times

Advertisements

did anyone look at the table? hyundai as a whole is below average in appeal!
BMW, Audi, MINI, Volvo, VW are above average in appeal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Hyundai trumps BMW and Jaguar in J.D. Power 2009 APEAL study

Interesting released study from JD Power on owner appeal of the cars they own - The Hyundai Genesis got higher marks than the BMW 5 Series, knocking it from its historic top spot. The study looks at new owners and their cars to draw the evaluation.

Also, Toyotas are bottom of the barrel, further evidence that Toyota makes unappealing cars - even to those that buy them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 PM

143 posts, read 761,990 times
You can lie and try to interpret the data all you want, salesman. But what you said, is right there in the previous posts.

It doesn't matter what the general public thinks, I asked you to tell me how exactly is the Genesis such an inferior vehicle without resorting to your "intangibles'.

And yes, the factual data does back up the statement that Hyundai's reliability is right up there at the front of the pack.

You obviously were trying to downplay Hyundai's warranty by sating that Lexus has a 72 month powertrain, "which is all the hyundai is". I guess the customers don't ever call you out on statements like that, do they.

Oh now that you've been caught trying to deceive people, you resort to saying that these other companies don't have a longer warranty because "they don't need it". Right...

And yes, disregarding the warranty has "full of loopholes" without mentioning the details is absolutely a scumbag thing to say. Every brand has limitations on the bumper to bumper such as tires, wear & tear items, and normal maintenance.

It doesn't change the fact that Hyundai offers 5/10 which is better than all your precious luxury marques.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Since many Hyundais are built in Kaesong North Korea aren't we aiding Kim Il Jong and his Communists by buying one?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:36 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,419,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik151 View Post
You can lie and try to interpret the data all you want, salesman. But what you said, is right there in the previous posts.
I'm lying? Do tell me how. All the evidence seems to be on my side.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what the general public thinks, I asked you to tell me how exactly is the Genesis such an inferior vehicle without resorting to your "intangibles'.
So wait, it doesn't matter what the general consumer thinks about a product for sale to the general public?

Do you ever sit back and read what you wrote? Because your logic train appears to be stuck at a switching station without you.

I did tell you. You just don't want to hear it.

Quote:
And yes, the factual data does back up the statement that Hyundai's reliability is right up there at the front of the pack.
I never said it wasn't up there. You were the one that said it is equal to Lexus. In fact, you said the Lexus is less reliable than the Hyundai. It's right there in the previous posts.

Quote:
I'd rather take the Hyundai Genesis over the Lexus LS or Mercedes S.

Would put the extra 40k to better use.

And tell me, exactly what do you get in those cars that you won't in the Genesis besides lesser reliability and a shorter warranty.
Quote:
You obviously were trying to downplay Hyundai's warranty by sating that Lexus has a 72 month powertrain, "which is all the hyundai is". I guess the customers don't ever call you out on statements like that, do they.
Of course I was downplaying it. It's not that big a deal. It's not transferable, and it only covers powertrain components. I'd be way more concerned with the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Quote:
Oh now that you've been caught trying to deceive people, you resort to saying that these other companies don't have a longer warranty because "they don't need it". Right...
Trying to deceive who? Been "caught"? Again, do you ever actually read what you write? I thought I was the one with the hard data.

The title to this thread and the article it quotes is the most deceiving thing written in the thread so far.

Quote:
And yes, disregarding the warranty has "full of loopholes" without mentioning the details is absolutely a scumbag thing to say. Every brand has limitations on the bumper to bumper such as tires, wear & tear items, and normal maintenance.

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't realize I was the only one on Earth with the power of Google. BMW pays for your maintenance (or more precisely, it's built in to the cost of the car), Lexus doesn't exclude the radio, paint, or battery.

I guess when you know it's going to fall apart, you want to CYA. By the way, I bet Hyundai will make a nice argument that the nav system is part of the radio and not covered after 3 years.

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that Hyundai offers 5/10 which is better than all your precious luxury marques.

So, in the end, all you're left with is the loophole-riddled warranty to fall back on? I guess that makes sense, because you certainly don't have history, empirical data, or even the support of the buying public who you claim is in love with the car.

Go away until you learn to research and read.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:23 PM

143 posts, read 761,990 times
So, how about you come up with... 5 reasons why someone should pay an extra $35k for an LS over a Genesis?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:58 PM

100 posts, read 550,418 times
The "companies" have to pay J D Power to participate in their programs and testing. That may have a bearing on it.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:44 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
No, see, that's exactly the point.

There is no difference in quality, actually, Hyundai probably has the edge here.

There is "prestige" associated with a badge and not much else.

Hyundai is continually improving whereas the Japanese brands are cutting costs and you won't see the Genesis cars breaking down before a Lexus. Plus, Lexus doesn't stand behind their product like Hyundai does. 4/6 years compared to 5/10.

There's no way you can compare the quality of a Lexus with a Hyundai. I've seen way too many Hyundais with blue smoke coming from the exhaust and huge patches of paint missing from the roof and hood. I'm not talking about 80's cars here, I'm talking about newer ones (2000+). There's no excuse for a three year old Sonata to have half of it's paint peeling off. We won't know the true reliability of the Genesis for at least five more years when many of them have over 100k miles on them.

Hyundai's are made right here in my own state, and I know several people who work there building them, but at this point I would not spend my money on one.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,356,425 times
Quote:
lol do you really think those German cars are steadier at 150mph than their competitors?

Man, those ads really have got you by the balls. ///M marketing lol.
Actually, yes, yes I do think so. How many Hyundais do you see driving around on the autobahn going more than 100 mph? NONE!

And how many German car brands, even Volkswagens, do you see driving around doing 100 or faster? NEARLY ALL!

NEWSFLASH! Volkswagen, Mercedes, BMW, and Porshe are GERMAN car companies, and they are REQUIRED to make their cars handle well at any sane speed (150 mph or less). Take off the electronic limiters, and they STILL go like stink and handle well.

Take it from a BMW owner who HAS gone 150 mph and still driven it and just barely noticed the front end being lighter, but had no noticeable difference in the maneuvering I dared do.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,390,804 times
Quote:
Actually, that's not the case with IIHS methodology. There is not one single top safety pick per class. It's a ranking to separate those that have the most safety features and best performance in the IIHS tests from the other cars in the segment. The Genesis is a Top Safety Pick for 2009, but so is the Acura RL, Volvo S80, Toyota Avalon, etc. in the large car class. It's not an endorsement of Hyundai being the best out of all large sedans as is implied by the above quoted statement; rather, Hyundai ranks among the top safety picks per IIHS methodology.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
According to this JD power poll, Toyota(Lexus) owns 5 of the top ten most reliable cars. Don't see Hyundai anywhere. Top 10 most reliable cars: 2009 J.D. Power Dependability Study - Courant.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive