Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:21 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I can see that you have never had some freaking weirdo follow you in a car before. I can recall a time not *that* long ago, when some mental case was trying to follow me home to see where I lived. If I had not been able to pull into an alleyway and turn my lights off, I could not have eluded him. All components of a car need to be under the CONTROL of the operator, imho.

20yrsinBranson
If the car doesn't come equipped with auto headlights, it probably has DRL's anyway. So, you're pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,583 times
The only thing I think should be standard on all cars is something that prevents people from blinding me with high beams.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times
Hmm, let's see:-
  1. Bluetooth handsfree integrated with factory stereo (and a nationwide law banning the use of cell phones without handsfree).
  2. Fog lights that are totally automatic and cannot be turned on by the driver unless it is foggy (pet peeve, fogs blinding everyone).
  3. Aux audio jack input on all factory stereos.
  4. Blind spot detectors (see Volvo).
  5. ABS and traction control.
  6. Progressive brake lights that vary in intensity depending on how hard you are braking.
  7. The ability to zap any idiot who is blaring their music and making your teeth rattle whilst waiting at the lights (now I'm dreaming).
- Tim

Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
The only thing I think should be standard on all cars is something that prevents people from blinding me with high beams.
That would be a good idea....some sort of sensor on the front that when it detects another cars headlamps it automatically dims yours.

Someone also mentioned an automatic speed control that is designed to keep the car from exceeding the posted speed limit....sounds great but then where's the police department going to get their donut money?

Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
A device that limits speed according to what road you are on. A device that will block any cell phones near by and an remote engine cut off that will stop your car when you have no insurance..great ideas
On that note, some device that disables the system of that douchebag that thinks everyone around him wants to hear his car shake and rattle would be nice.

Until I can make some kind of "gun" that transmits the most horrendous sound imaginable into only the vehicle of someone being that bothersome, I want this feature.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:27 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Amber turn signal lights front and back.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:26 PM

854 posts, read 2,862,322 times
a device that automatically bitchslaps a person that uses a cellphone.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM

534 posts, read 2,407,554 times
Surprised no one mentioned Spare tire. My friends BMW has no spare and it has ruined many weekend trips with him in the middle of no where, trying to find someplace that has the tire and wants to deal with run flat tires. He finally bought a spare wheel, but there's of course no where for it (or it and the baby stroller at least). Any car without a spare wouldn't be on my list period.

(i almost forgot, another privilege of having no spare tire is buying $225 tires). Ill pass.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
That would be a good idea....some sort of sensor on the front that when it detects another cars headlamps it automatically dims yours.
GM solved this almost 60 years ago with the "Autronic Eye".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Someone also mentioned an automatic speed control that is designed to keep the car from exceeding the posted speed limit....sounds great but then where's the police department going to get their donut money?
This is the land of the free, not the baby-sitted.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Heres a good one for you teen drivers ......A device that feeds your differant speeds into the cars ECU and recorded. Then when you have your car inspected it can show if you have been speeding and an automatic fine will be added to your inspection bill. The money will go to promote safe driving....Great idea The cops wouldnt have to spend time giving out speeding tickets and could have more time to do real police work...Only someone who wants to be able to speed should object.( I should be paid for such smart ideas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive