Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM

854 posts, read 2,862,759 times

Advertisements

I wanted the Camaro but prices were sky-high since it only went into production a few weeks earlier. i really needed a car tho since my beater broke down. I test drove several cars (Evo X, Challenger R/T, Mustang GT, Mazdaspeed3) and went with the 'Speed3 because i got a great offer + another $2500 cashback.

I love the sleeper appeal of the car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM

894 posts, read 2,201,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
Whats up man my memory just came back. You ready to put that cummins up against my 4 banger still LOL.
Not yet dude, I am still in Iraq. I will be home in probably July.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times
Good deal on a brand new, reliable car with excellent gas mileage. AND.... I got sick and tired of trying to buy a used car from people who thought their cars were lined with gold or platinum (read: owners were trying to sell well above book value and would not negotiate at all, another owner was outright fraudulent and probably didn't even hold title to the car.)

Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
Not yet dude, I am still in Iraq. I will be home in probably July.
You be careful up there bro. Don't let any bomb strapped diaperheads come to close

Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Om my last vehicle i bought I had always had a truck and my wife drove a Camry.But I am older now and the truck was not needed like before. I thought about it and decined that a mini van would do what I wanted. I talked to owners and it came down to the Honda or the toyota. I drove both and liked the way the honda drove so I bought that in July 2008. Have love it ever since.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,475,507 times
While I love Mustangs and those other fast cars, they are not practical for me. I drive alot and personally prefer smaller cars, it's just me. Not into land yachts. Not into loud exhausts and all that annoying noise either. I have a 2008 Civic Sedan and I absolutely love it! When I drove the Civic I fell in love. It was a gift from my mother who passed away in May of Cancer so it's paid for and not many can say that of their new car so I am very grateful. People can call them matchbox cars or rice burners that gives me a chuckle actually but I got 5 stars on crash and lots of airbags. I feel safe and that's my #1 priority. Why would I choose a car with not so great crash ratings? Helloooo? It's your life! Anyway, yeah plus I go 300+ between fill ups

Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
I bought my 2002 Toyota Corolla because I need a replacement for my Plymouth Colt (just a renamed Mitsubishi Mirage) that had 120,000+ miles on it. I drive a car until it dies, because that's the only way you get money out of a new car. Besides, I loathe car payments! My Corolla has 90,000 miles on it now, and it still runs great. Unlike others here, I actually like four-door cars, because the doors are easier to open and close, and don't take up as much space - like when you're in a tight parking space.

I chose the Corolla for purely practical reasons. I needed some room for my kids, who were teenagers then, and the gas mileage is decent (though not great, especially with an automatic transmission), and there was a great deal advertised in the paper. How could I resist?

I had a '73 Firebird once; I loved that car! It cornered beautifully, and it was a great car until it started having major problems. By the time I can afford something like that again, I'll be in my 60s or 70s!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:00 PM

302 posts, read 885,313 times
Mine was based on a few things.

For years, I wanted a big truck. A early 2000 model Chevy Silverado, to be exact. I wanted one so I could take it offroading.

What did I get? A 2 door Honda Civic And I am so glad! First, I realized that I could hardly afford the gas on the truck, let alone the lift, tires, and fixing it would need to offroad it.

Second, I decided on the Civic because I wanted someone semi-sporty, without the sports car insurance. That was one of the few 2 door cars that did not qualify as a sports car, and IMO, it was the best looking out of those. Plus, my family has had Hondas for years, and I grew up driving one, so I knew I was getting a good deal.

And I got it as a manual. So fun! I am very glad I choose the car I did, even though there are times I still wish I had a big truck.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
I drive a Lexus GS 300. I bought it because I knew it would be reliable. Beautiful car. I've had it over 7 years now, it has given me no trouble. I prefer Lexus brands exclusively now. Currently looking at adding a Lexus SUV and giving the GS to my daughter.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
SUzuki for the milage (30 mpg). Was commuting 100 miles a day to and from work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive